PDA

View Full Version : sleeping

John_Daryl
12-03-16, 08:30
I don't know if I'm sleeping more or if I'm just monitoring my tiredness levels and hours of sleep like I'm a machine. But lately iv been feeling quite tired throughout the day and unless I'm on my playstation I cant shake the sensation of feeling tired.

Yesterday I had 10 hours of sleep and woke up at 10:00. I went to work, went to get some shopping and came home around 20:30. I was then on my playstation til around 00:40 then went to bed and watched some Netflix. I eventually fell asleep around 02:45.

For me this is odd as usually I cannot sleep. Whether it be because of high energy levels or high anxiety. I just feel lately that I need more sleep. Is this because I'm constantly thinking about it? I'm always thinking to myself 'i never feel wide awake'. But then I begin to question 'what does wide awake actually feel like'.

This morning I had to get up at 07:30 for work which means iv had a measly 4 and a half hours sleep. This is definitely what tired feels like but even on a decent nights sleep I just feel like I'm slightly not right.

I'm not sure if its just the attitude of anxiety and the low moods that are making me this way. I'm by no means struggling to stay awake during the day at work. Nor am I sleeping in for 12 hours a day, I have days with little and days with lots and days with normal sleep. I'm not napping either unless I have to because I barely slept the night before.

The thing with health anxiety is once you start monitoring something you notice the day to day changes and its hard to drop that habit.

John_Daryl
12-03-16, 17:06
I also have this feeling of breathlessness when i lie down

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 19:01
I sleep too much I'm sure. I went from barely sleeping when I was working 12 hour shifts to sleeping too much now.

Arran7225
12-03-16, 20:43
I'm the same...... I think about sleep and tiredness all the time. I question myself hourly about how i feel!

random....

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 21:45
My gf can sleep a lot too. I think anxiety and stress can really make us feel tired and weak.