PDA

View Full Version : alcohol and cit

biker71
12-03-16, 18:15
Ok folks, been invited out tonight....i no your not sposed to drink on these but is it any amount or is 1-2 ok? Any help plz

wantpeace
12-03-16, 18:18
When I used to take a similar drug on its own ie. no other medication, I used to drink as much as I wanted. Everyone's differnet though and it depends on a number of factors as to how well you tolerate it. Take it slow, and try and drink some water in between drinks.

I can't do that now. I'm on too much of a cocktail now.

biker71
12-03-16, 18:26
Thanx for the reply, just hate going to a pub and drinking pop, I can do that at home.....was only going to have a Cpl at most...its talking all of my energy to get past the anxiety of going in the first place

rosegarden
12-03-16, 19:08
I used to get drunk most weekends on Citalopram and I was fine but I tested it gradually like one In the house at first then another week a couple in the pub and so on, so I'd test it out first to make sure your ok with it.

MyNameIsTerry
13-03-16, 06:48
You can drink on them, Matt. They just suggest avoiding or limiting alcohol. I asked my GP once and he was fine with it. He advised moderation.

There are many factors when it comes to alcohol, anxiety and antidepressants so it's as individual as side effects and how meds work for people. Alcohol can make side effects a bit worse, but it's a very limited range of side effects quoted and not the stuff we often see in the horror alcohol threads when people have massive anxiety spikes.