PDA

View Full Version : Virus - Headache, clicking etc.

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 21:09
Hello, :welcome:

I am a child younger than 13, and I am worried about this virus I have had for a few weeks now. It started with a fairly bad cough (coughing up phlegm) and a few things like that. That was fairly normal.

But when I thought I was recovering I felt this pressure on top of my head, as if someone was pushing down on it! The next day I woke up with and then it cleared up during the day. But the day after that I felt it again in the evening around the same time!

I thought these were headaches and it looks like I was right. After a few days my head then started hurting in various areas, but mainly at the back. After a couple of days I then went to see a doctor and told them about it, they checked the back of my eyes for anything 'sinister'. They said it looked like a 'viral headache' which they said had to do with your sinuses.

I thought this was normal and carried on with these headaches, they weren't too bad and didn't really obstruct my daily activities. A few days afterwards I noticed a click when I jumped or went downstairs or bent over. I looked this up on this website and it also had something to do with your sinuses. I had this a bit when I was a quite a bit younger and it just went away, maybe I had something that annoyed my sinuses back then? I am not sure.

Everything was slowly clearing up, click wasn't as loud and didn't happen as often and my headaches barely cause pain.

And this brings us up till now, and this is what has been on my mind. I had this thing also when I was a fair bit younger where I would be at a desk or something like that leaning forward and I would have this weird feeling on my back, if I touched the area where this odd feeling was it then went away, and this would happen for as long as I was in that same position.

I have also noticed kind of floaters in my vision, I haven't had any loss of sight or anything like that they have just come up sometimes ( I also had these when I was younger ) I think they are caused by dirt or something on the eye and apparently go away, but how long does it take?

I am not sure if this really has anything to do with my virus but I thought I might as well mention it, I had this small rash on both my wrists it has practically gone by now but I thought it might help if you knew.

Please help me as I am only young and I get easily worried about things like this, I hope it isn't health anxiety, but I guess I am only young! If you are answering could you include how long it can take to go away what I should do about it and if it is serious or not and how common it is, although any replies help even if it is just you saying that you have had a similar thing!

Yours sincerely,

- RunningFlamingo24

fuchsia
12-03-16, 21:22
Hello, your gp is right, all those head symptoms fit in with feelings I get when I have sinus trouble. I also have eye floaters and have mentioned them to my optician, he says they are nothing to worry about and told me they don't go away but your eyes get used to them so your brain stops noticing them.

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 21:52
Hello,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So you don't know anything about the weird feelings down my back?

I would hug you right now! <3

Thanks,

- RunningFlamingo24

Catherine S
12-03-16, 22:01
Hi there, if you're younger than 13, how old are you exactly? Do you not have an adult in your life to care for you? Somebody to take you to your doctor perhaps? Visiting the doctor is normally the first thing to do to rule anything out, or just to be told it's anxiety.

ISB x

fuchsia
12-03-16, 22:19
Hi, yes I don't know anything about your back feelings, your gp will though. I am a mum and would much rather have my child tell me their health worries than seek advice on the internet. Please tell someone you know, take care.

Fishmanpa
12-03-16, 22:20
I agree with ISB as well as it sounds like pretty common sinus issues. Perhaps you can speak with your parents or a trusted relative about your fears as you're actually a but under the age to even be on the forum.

Hope you feel better soon

Positive thoughts

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 22:24
Hello,

Yes I do have parents its just I haven't told them about the strange feelings as I normally get worried about silly things like this, I just wanted to check it first. I will see if it has gone by tomorrow and if it hasn't I will ask if I can go to the doctor just to check it up.

Thanks everyone,

- RunningFlamingo24

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

I agree with ISB as well as it sounds like pretty common sinus issues. Perhaps you can speak with your parents or a trusted relative about your fears as you're actually a but under the age to even be on the forum.

Hope you feel better soon

Positive thoughts

Are you saying I should talk about the possibility of anxiety or about the sinus issues?

Catherine S
12-03-16, 22:28
You really need to tell us your age, we can't really continue to talk to you about your health if you are underage and your parents are not aware that you are here, hope you understand this sorry.

ISB x

Fishmanpa
12-03-16, 22:29
Are you saying I should talk about the possibility of anxiety or about the sinus issues?

Perhaps print your post and speak to them about your anxiety. You're much too young to be worried about health issues. I would hope they would understand and get you some help.

Positive thoughts

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 22:31
Hello,

I'm not so sure... I think it might be because I'm young that I worry about silly things like this..

Also, I think because I haven't told my doctor about these things as they have developed after they saw me I have no idea what they are!

I think that when I know what they are I will be fine!

Thanks for you help,

- RunningFlamingo24

Catherine S
12-03-16, 22:35
How old are you? You seem reluctant to tell us.

Fishmanpa
12-03-16, 22:47
How old are you? You seem reluctant to tell us.

"I am a child younger than 13"

As I said... much too young to be worried about health issues or be posting on the forum.

Positive thoughts

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 22:53
Hello,

I realise that I am too young to be posting on this forum and I will stop. I just really wanted to know if these things were normal!

Thanks,

Catherine S
12-03-16, 23:43
Take care.

ISB x

nomorepanic
13-03-16, 00:06
Member has been advised not to post as they are underage.

I do wish you well though runningflamingo