PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Linda32
13-03-16, 09:55
Hi, I've been browsing around for a while now and the forum seems like a very nice and helpful place.

I had my first panic attack on Christmas Morning at work on my own :doh: a couple of years ago. I was happily working away, planning on going home at 12 noon to Christmas Dinner. :) At the time I thought I was dying, I now know that it was a panic attack. About 20 minutes before it was as if the world moved from one side of the room to the other. That is the only was I can describe it. Then I new that if I didn't sit down I would fall down.

Just then a work mate came into the room and I told her that I wasn't well. I must have felt awful because normally I would keep that sort of thing to myself. I asked her to fetch the Nurse (I work in a Nursing Home) While she had gone it happened. I just couldn't get my breath (which I now know was making it worse) Heard of elephants on my chest etc. This passed after a while. It was a shame the nurse wasn't there at the time to see it. To cut a long story short. This sort of episode has happened when I got home once from visiting a Garden Centre (The doctor at the walk in centre said it was because of the prices! ) :roflmao: Now I wouldn't got to a walk in centre but at the time you just don't know what is happening.

Again when I got caught in a rain storm on a hot day. And recently in the really bad wind and rain of this spring.

I went to the doctors after the first attack and he said he didn't thing it was a panic attack but couldn't tell me any more either. After the second one he gave me 40mg propranolol 3 times a day and the Doctor at the walk in centre gave me 2mg diazapan I took one at the time and felt instantly better. I've never dared take another one.

So that is me, thank you for reading.

venusbluejeans
13-03-16, 10:07
Hiya Linda32 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
14-03-16, 12:53
Hello, Linda32

I definitely understand where your coming from. My first panic attack came during a training exercise at work. Compared to others it was fairly mild, my first big come the next day during a test covering the previous days exercise (ironic, right). Anywho, that began my 17 year journey with panic.

At NMP you will find friends who understand where you are coming from also good information, inspiration, and a sympathetic ear to your situation. Best to you on your journey.