PDA

View Full Version : Think I've got skin cancer panicking !!

2015cj
13-03-16, 14:03
Had a growth on neck for about 8-10 months maybe started small and got bigger but hasn't grown in about 7 months now. Looks like a cutaneous horn which are sometimes skin cancer and often spread to other tissues!!! Yet on the back of my neck I have a swollen lymph node that has been there about 8 months!!! I am getting the growth removed next week but I am sooo scared I am dying!! I feel so tired lately and I had a miscarriage last month at 10 weeks was this because I have cancer and not healthy enough �� I'm 22 years old never used a sunbed and always careful in the sun how can this be �� Going mad with worry here

Fishmanpa
13-03-16, 14:39
I'm truly sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I can only imagine the mental trauma and stress this has caused you as the scenario you created about what in all likelihood is a totally benign skin tag or the sort is a little fantastic to say the least.

I wish there were words that could stop the spiral of worry. The only thing I can suggest is to re-read your scenario as I read it....

You have a skin tag/thingie of some sort that you've had for 8-10 months. You 'say' you have a swollen node on your neck that you've had for roughly the same time. I say this because "swollen" in HA terms is often perceived. You've taken that scenario and joined it with the miscarriage and turned it into cancer and the reason you miscarried? Add to that you're 22 and are cautious about sun exposure....

Do you see what I see when I read your post?

I'm sure all will be well next week. Perhaps you can ask about a few sessions with a therapist to help sort through everything that's happened recently?

Positive thoughts