PDA

View Full Version : Today not good

Jessica123
13-03-16, 20:45
Hi my anxiety has been so bad today , no rest bite at all , the fear rages through my body from when I awoke at 4 this morning , it got to a point around 5 when I was begging my husband to call the doctor I just couldn't go on wanted to end it all , the only thing that helps is my Valium and I have only two left , the doctors won't give me anymore so I do not know what I am going to do , as usual it's now now 8 in the evening and things have calmed downed

Catherine S
13-03-16, 22:30
How long have you been taking Valium? These tranquilisers are only meant to be a short term solution and any longer than 4 to 6 weeks can create even more anxiety symptoms, much worse than the original anxiety they were prescribed for. I know this from my experience of them in the 1980s when doctors handed them out like sweets. I was a volunteer for MIND in those days, helping people through withdrawl from them. Horrendous. They, like most other meds, have their place...but not for long periods before dependency takes over. You sound like Valium is now your best friend, and not having them in your life seems unbearable. Don't be fooled. You are stronger than these are. If its not too personal or painful, can you tell me why you were given them?

ISB x