PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot from sitting in a wheelchair???

Njon704
13-03-16, 21:41
Panic attack over something so stupid... I feel ridiculous, yet feeling so scared.

Went to Universal Studios yesterday and I had to be wheeled around in a wheelchair since I sprained my ankle... anyways... now I am FREAKING OUT that sitting in a wheelchair for 6 hours has caused a blood clot in my leg since think hey say inactivity of the legs like sitting on a plane for hours causes a clot. I did get up a few times to get on some rides and use the bathroom. But I didn't really walk... just hobbled a few feet and then back in the wheelchair. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. My husband thinks I'm crazy and I just wanna cry because I think I'm gonna die.

Catherine S
13-03-16, 21:47
But deep vein thrombosis doesn't happen on every long haul flight to every body does it. Neither does it happen to to every person in a wheelchair. My brother has been in a wheelchair for the last 10 years because of MS, and although he has alot of physical limitations, DVT? nope, not even on his radar.

I'm sure you'll be fine, and hey..won't be long before you'll be out of your wheelchair and walking again.

ISB

Njon704
13-03-16, 21:53
But deep vein thrombosis doesn't happen on every long haul flight to every body does it. Neither does it happen to to every person in a wheelchair. My brother has been in a wheelchair for the last 10 years because of MS, and although he has alot of physical limitations, DVT? nope, not even on his radar.

I'm sure you'll be fine, and hey..won't be long before you'll be out of your wheelchair and walking again.

ISB

Thank you! Omg... I LOVE your quote... What if I fall, what if I fly...

I miss the OLD me. I use to be able to "fly" ... I hate being so scared all the time.

And thank you for telling me about your brother. My friend has MS. She her injection treatments aren't working. She is slowly losing feeling in her legs. I hope your brother is coping well ♡♡♡

Catherine S
13-03-16, 22:05
He is thank you for asking, like your friend they have to get on with it yes? I know what HA can do to a person, it's a struggle even when we know deep down that we're okay really. Health anx can hypnotise us.

Thank you for your well wishes, it's appreciated muchly :)

ISB x

Nzxt27
13-03-16, 22:41
If you have blood clot from sitting 6 hours I must have a ton of them ( I hope I don't ). I've been lazy a lot lately. Last year I use to have to sit in a fork lift for 12 hours a night for work. And I use to play a ton of video games.

I get twitches in my legs past month or so it's been bugging me a lot. I haven't been eating much either. I might have had over my 2000 calories a day just few times past 2 months. HA has made me not very hungry lately. I am down almost 25 pounds since mid jan.

Catherine S
13-03-16, 22:47
Wish I could say the same about dropping some weight, although I know with HA that's a trigger too...is there anything that isn't a trigger for worry? Twitches are more of a muscle thing than a blood vessel thing by the way.

ISB

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

....and no, you don't have muscle cancer ok? ;D

Fishmanpa
13-03-16, 23:14
If you have blood clot from sitting 6 hours I must have a ton of them

Exactly!

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
13-03-16, 23:46
Wish I could say the same about dropping some weight, although I know with HA that's a trigger too...is there anything that isn't a trigger for worry? Twitches are more of a muscle thing than a blood vessel thing by the way.

ISB

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

....and no, you don't have muscle cancer ok? ;D

Yeah i hope it is muscle twitches or something. It's weird they are minor but I feel them and see them they only last couple of seconds.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

I don't remember having them till after my week of anxiety and panic attack and after I went to the ER