PDA

View Full Version : Update (Thank you)

imfineokay
14-03-16, 02:07
Well after over a year I am still here breathing the air and all of the illnesses that my mind made me think I had were no more than worries. Cbt has managed to help so much with my health anxiety; it's still there, don't get me wrong. My healthy anxiety is now under my control far more than it ever was, and It hasn't gotten to me at breaking point in a long time. I no longer feel the urge to ask for reassurence on this really helpful website that Helped me a lot. Thanks to everyone that replied on my threads, really appreciate the reassurence that calmed my nerves surprisingly quite a lot! For once in a long time I'm actually looking forward to the future and can't wait to get my life together after this first step. Anyone that's reading this that is going health anxiety and think that they are going to die, please know that you can beat your health anxiety and take control. If I can do it, anyone can.

Nzxt27
14-03-16, 02:12
I hope your right.. I have had it for 2 months and I'm Rdy to put it behind me. I want to be me again.. For myself and everyone around me. I'm glad you beat it and are looking forward. It gives me a sense of hope.

helenhoo
14-03-16, 10:34
That's great news. What methods worked for you? I'm opposed to meds personally so looking for CBT things?

Fishmanpa
14-03-16, 12:06
This is so great to read this! Very encouraging! Keep up the good work!

Take note peeps... look back at where Joe was just a few short months ago and note how, with therapy (CBT) and hard work, he's turning himself around. You can see the post frequency lessen, the responses become more rational and accepting etc. Very encouraging indeed!

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
25-03-16, 22:29
Hi and thanks :) literally what FMP just said, the CBT works really well and it slowly helps make your mind more rational and accepting of things that worry you. For example I used to worry about this stomach pain that I would get, I used to worry it was bowel/stomach cancer but now I assume that its only just a muscle that I pulled or whatever (there are literally so many things it can be). It doesn't bother me anymore cause I dont let it. And keep in mind im not saying that its all gone cause it hasn't, Im just saying that I can control it now which is all you really need to be able to do :) the sooner you get yourself to CBT the sooner you can stop wasting countless hours worrying over nothing.

venusbluejeans
25-03-16, 23:30
Hiya, I have moved this to success stories which I think is where it should be.

Thank you for posting and well done :)

imfineokay
26-03-16, 02:39

Fishmanpa
26-03-16, 04:08
the sooner you get yourself to CBT (or therapy in general) the sooner you can stop wasting countless hours worrying over nothing.

WORD! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts