PDA

View Full Version : I did it again.

BrokenAge
14-03-16, 09:31
Well, I found myself another thing to worry about. My memory is awful, it's really bad. I forget almost everything I ate today. Took me 15 seconds to remember what I had for dinner. I thought to myself "this is anxiety but I'm afraid it's much more worse" so then I remember Multiple Personality Disorder and how they have amnesia and forgetfulness. Googled it and now I'm thinking I'm the beginning stages of this disease. My OCD is all just health anxiety and god its petrifying sometimes. The second I read one thing about that disorder I went into pure panic.

MyNameIsTerry
14-03-16, 10:17
MPD is a rare one. There are many disorders can include amnesia and forgetfulness but you've zoomed in on a rare one and it fits with your other OCD worries about more serious mental illness. But rather than be a rare and serious mental illness, couldn't it just be an anxiety symptom and isn't anxiety much more common? Serotonin does control short term memory function remember.

Think also of the proof element, the bias involvement. If you were developing MPD, your family would be seeing signs of strange behaviours. Remember that MPD involves two or more distinct personalities, each with their own memories, behaviours, preferences, etc. Something like that would stick out to others.