PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

snicker
14-03-16, 12:58
I am new to this forum and have been suffering with anxiety for many years. It comes and goes depending on how full my plate is..when a lot is going on in my life I lose the ability to regulate anxiety and it spirals.

I guess that is why I am here right now. I am not having anxiety for my own health right now but am constantly worried about my adult children. Does anyone else have this problem? It is making me not want to be with them because I scrutinize everything they say ...every look...it is exhausting. I get a fear thought and then an anxiety attack as if it is the end of the world.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

venusbluejeans
14-03-16, 13:04
Hiya snicker and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
15-03-16, 19:51
Snicker, I can't say I've been right there with you but, when my youngest announced she was pregnant a little over a year ago. It left me much more stressed than I thought it would. In fact it took me a number of months to get over that feeling.

For me, I think it had more to do with me than with her pregnancy. I can't honestly pin it down to a feeling of mortality, or worry about being there for her, or what. All I know is it really felt like it was me.

Long story short, we now have a healthy seven month old grand baby, who looks just like her ...dad. Oh well, you can't have everything. Which maybe something to consider, that desire to control. Once I learned I can only do so much, a good amount of weight was lifted. Snicker, I hope this helps and best to you and your kids.

Mark13
16-03-16, 12:26
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.