PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety interfering with everyday life :(

BlueEyesShining
14-03-16, 19:15
I have had HA basically my whole life. Now I`m 22.
Today my HA has been sky high. Some days it`s worse, some it is better. Today is one of the worst days.
I went to university and before the lecture started, one of my friends came and she was talking to one colleague that she is sick. When I heard than I went away, i did not go to the lecture. No chance to be with her in the same room, I thought. Run as fast as you can!
Instead of taking the bus i was walking in the cold weather. I was afraid that someone in the bus MUST have the flu, or some bad cold, or some stomach flu.

Today I have not been able to control the obsessive thoughts and rituals. I`ve been washing my hands so much, now the skin even looks dry and unhealthy.
I have an obsession with healthy foods, especially apples and my day is ruined if i don`t have apples in the house.

I need some tips for distraction. Distraction works best for me but I feel bored with the same routines every day.

Life with HA sucks big time

nirvanainchains
14-03-16, 23:36
You need a help. You’re over-reacting. Sometimes, our immune system needs a test if it does fight infections(like a simple flu or cold).

Gary A
15-03-16, 00:10
What you describe sounds very much like obsessive compulsive disorder. Have you ever spoken to a mental health expert about any of this?