PDA

View Full Version : The most bat sh*t crazy thing you've done or thought

Pootle77
14-03-16, 20:12
Hi everyone :D

Now I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, or think I am making light of how truly awful HA is to live with. I have had it for 32 years now and nearly taken my own life because of it, so I know how much it sucks. However, sometimes I feel its good to try and look at things with a bit of humour.

With this in mind.....what is the most ridiculous thought, behaviour etc your HA has ever made you have or do?

My most crazy moment was a few months ago when I had a sore toe. I work in a shop and one day a massive crow flew in. Eventually we managed to get it out again, but it then took up residence on a bin behind our shop. Every time I went outside it was sitting there looking at me. My HA took this as an omen of death coming for me. I was convinced my achy toe was something sinister and that the crow was a sign to confirm this.

I spent days terrified of seeing this bird again...even googling "crows omen of death" :doh:

Bird never returned. Toe got better.

BlueEyesShining
14-03-16, 20:20
Nice thread. Really needed. :D

1. Today, walking in the rain and cold weather because I was afraid to get into the public transport. I`m afraid of viruses so that explains it.

2. There are times when I go crazy with washing hands. It happened to wash my hands everytime I touched ANYTHING. So I started using a tissue to pick up items. Luckily it went away after a couple of days.

3. Avoiding talking for almost a whole day because I was afraid of laringytis.

And many many more

Nzxt27
14-03-16, 20:22
Hi everyone :D

Now I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, or think I am making light of how truly awful HA is to live with. I have had it for 32 years now and nearly taken my own life because of it, so I know how much it sucks. However, sometimes I feel its good to try and look at things with a bit of humour.

With this in mind.....what is the most ridiculous thought, behaviour etc your HA has ever made you have or do?

My most crazy moment was a few months ago when I had a sore toe. I work in a shop and one day a massive crow flew in. Eventually we managed to get it out again, but it then took up residence on a bin behind our shop. Every time I went outside it was sitting there looking at me. My HA took this as an omen of death coming for me. I was convinced my achy toe was something sinister and that the crow was a sign to confirm this.

I spent days terrified of seeing this bird again...even googling "crows omen of death" :doh:

Bird never returned. Toe got better.

Lol. Funny story I mean from a outsiders view. I doubt from your view. But this is coming from a guy who thinks if he switched lanes and hits a reflector then something bad is going to happen to me.

Pootle77
14-03-16, 20:27
Last week I spent a whole day forcing myself to eat dry crackers without a drink....just to prove to myself that I didn't have the latest thing I had read on the internet. *rolls eyes*

Nzxt27
14-03-16, 20:30
Few days after the ER I started walking down the road at my house and saw a few buzzards flying in circles kinda close to where I was walking and I was thinking I guess they can sense I'm about to die.

Pootle77
14-03-16, 20:31
So glad I'm not alone with the "birds of death" thoughts!! I smile now when I see a crow.

Nzxt27
14-03-16, 20:36
Yeah well you could always get you a pet bird and keep it in your room :).

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

I also have not shaved since I went to the ER to on jan 28th. Maybe I will post a pic lol. Biggest beard I have ever let grow out.

helenhoo
14-03-16, 22:49
I was considering a similar post recently so thanks haha!

My lowest ever point? Honestly? I'm sure I'll win the 'wait,what?!' Challenge. I checked my Poo constantly for a week. I had dark shades but later learnt this was from my iron tablets.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Oh oh I also saw a house flu and thought that was related to death and googled the shit out signs and meanings.

androidz
14-03-16, 23:15
Dude, you're not alone with the bird issue, haha. It happened to me in the past.

But then I realized that I was just thinking bullshit and it was all just supersticion, plus, how could these cute animals be related to death at all? We have these little fellas where I live called blackbirds, they make mornings a lot better with their singing:

http://www.nbis.org.uk/sites/default/files/images/Blackbird_OAndrews.jpg