PDA

View Full Version : Meds and reaction

easey04
14-03-16, 22:15
Right been putting off pills for week or so and finally took my first one tonight
Has anyone had any instant side affects
Or am I just being anxious of the effects and pills !

.Poppy.
14-03-16, 22:22
It's probably just anxiety from taking the pills if it happened so quickly.

I had awful anxiety and almost a burning feeling the first time I took my med, but never had that reaction again (*knock on wood*) so I'm not really sure what is a side effect and what is just fear of a side effect!

easey04
14-03-16, 22:38
Yeah :(

It's got a bit mad lately
Meds which I've put off but can't no longer
Guess the anxious and being on edge set me off

Feel a rough night coming on

glassgirlw
15-03-16, 01:49
I actually felt more relaxed on day one of escitalopram. Then had a couple minor side effects on day two, called the doc to make sure they were normal effects and they told me to stop taking and come see them in the morning. Which irrationally I took to mean that I was having a horrible reaction and would die that night....worse panic attack I have ever had. Went on for about 3 hours. Went to doc next day, no big deal, prescribed me zoloft instead. Never filled the prescription. I decided to work it out without meds. Almost 2 months later and doing much better. Moral of the story is everyone is different and will react different to meds. I think in my case I have severe pharmaphobia anyway, and had I not called the doc that night I probably would still be on the meds and maybe doing even better than I am now. But I let the fear overtake me. Don't be like me....stick it out and just read through others experiences on here. The side effects will pass from what I have read!

dally
15-03-16, 07:22
I too have a fear of taking meds.
I would encourage anyone to take them and at least try.
You can always stop taking them or wean yourself off them.

My problem is the startup side effects for SOME drugs for SOME PEOPLE (me) are so horrendous, that it's worse than the panic it's trying to cure!! And for me, it's not worth it.

Also, on here and other web sites aam constantly reading that SOME drugs take months to buildvupnin your system to make any effect, and sometimes DONT have any effect, or even stop working within 6 months, then you have to do ataper off the drug to avoid withdrawals!!

All in all, ATM, I do not feel meds are MY answer.

easey04
15-03-16, 12:31
Actually slept all night!
It was this morning that things happened !
Got up , ears started to ring , spaced out feeling , bang had to open door as I thought i was gonna pass out :(