PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 on Citalopram

TheMusicGuy6
14-03-16, 22:33
I took the jump on Friday evening at 11pm, and took my first anti-depressant, proud, and nervous, I did it!

I'm going to do a weekly update, mainly cause I feel this is a great place to talk and communicate, and to help people in a similar position!

I'm really happy I went to the doctors to get proper help.

Day 1 - Imediately got very sleepy after taking, with a dry mouth a few hours after

Day 2 - slight headache, but felt slightly more confident, anxious feelings in late evening

Day 3 - slight headache, felt a tiny bit low today, and a tiny bit anxious, but the anxious feeling wasn't sustained as it usually would, it passed quickly!

Early days yet to feel the benefits I know, but I'm feeling so positive

Suziewuzie
15-03-16, 14:01
Keeping positive about is the best way to be! All I did when I started was scour negative posts & focus on all the bad things about it. Keep us posted on your progress and please remember that if you have a bad day, it's just that - a bad day. It doesn't undo all the progress you've made and all the good days you've had x

mark84
16-03-16, 20:10
keep going, first two weeks are the worst, 6-8 weeks onwards is when you feel the full effect. :) hope it goes great!

Beckie4567
16-03-16, 20:46
Well done for taking the pludge that's the hardest step keep going ya doing great.I'm currently week 2,3 still waiting to feel full effect .

LiveAboveIt
17-03-16, 00:41
Congrats, MusicGuy. You sound as though you are well on your way!

Beckie4567
18-03-16, 09:34
How u getting on ?

R1CH
18-03-16, 15:29
Well done for taking the plunge. I did the same and I'm on day 5. My first 3 days were really good, last 2 not so ut still better than life before cit.

I have a long past with ADs and there was a very good reason I was petrified to go back on Citalopram but so far I have not really experienced ANY side effects like I did previously (There is a god!:)) So far I've just had

Headache
Slight Nausea
Yawning/Tiredness

However these have mostly gone already.

Good luck!

Rich

TheMusicGuy6
18-03-16, 19:16
Thanks for the support everyone!
Day 7!
The dreaded Week 1 is over with;

Felt a little better when I started to take but the last 3 days I've felt like I used to, a little more anxious, but I feel like I should be more anxious, but I'm not, if that makes sense? I guess it's because I've been anxious for so long?

But I'm staying positive going in to week 2! Once I get this week over me, it's a lot easier apparently the first 2 weeks are the hardest ?????

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Well done for taking the plunge. I did the same and I'm on day 5. My first 3 days were really good, last 2 not so ut still better than life before cit.

I have a long past with ADs and there was a very good reason I was petrified to go back on Citalopram but so far I have not really experienced ANY side effects like I did previously (There is a god!:)) So far I've just had

Headache
Slight Nausea
Yawning/Tiredness

However these have mostly gone already.

Good luck!

Rich

Well done Rich, it takes guts to do it!!!
How did you find Citalopram? Can you give me a brief history?