PDA

View Full Version : Super sensitive to heart beat??

Nzxt27
15-03-16, 02:11
Just wondering if anyone is the same I can feel it in my hands like fingers and in my feet. For sure if I touch my feet or hands together. I feel my pulse at top of my feet like where leg goes into feet. I have to use fingers to feel it.

Am I really just freaking out over my pulse or what? I went to the ER back in jan for chest pains and doctor said I was fine and didn't even recommend me following up. His words was I put my doctor down if you want more pills but I don't see the need in it.

Fishmanpa
15-03-16, 02:17
You're hyper focused on the sensation. If you focus intensely enough on any part of your body or any minor body noise it becomes louder.

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
15-03-16, 02:25
So you think it's normal to feel it in hands and feet? This is my main symptom besides the twitching. Both bug me a lot. And I never had any of these sensations before I started freaking out.

I worry my blood is not being pushed good through veins or being pushed too hard. But all my blood work came back fine.

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

And I'm 32 don't smoke drink or do any drugs and not a diabetic and don't have high blood pressure.

Fishmanpa
15-03-16, 02:40
So you think it's normal to feel it in hands and feet? This is my main symptom besides the twitching. Both bug me a lot. And I never had any of these sensations before I started freaking out.

I worry my blood is not being pushed good through veins or being pushed too hard. But all my blood work came back fine.

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

And I'm 32 don't smoke drink or do any drugs and not a diabetic and don't have high blood pressure.

That just affirms what I'm saying. Your anxiety is spiraling and you're getting caught up in every little sensation. Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
15-03-16, 03:02
That just affirms what I'm saying. Your anxiety is spiraling and you're getting caught up in every little sensation. Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Well when I went to the ER they he acted like I didn't need to follow up. But after dealing with this for almost 2 months now I did make a dr appointment for wensday this week. I don't want to be like this.

NoraB
15-03-16, 07:03
Just wondering if anyone is the same I can feel it in my hands like fingers and in my feet. For sure if I touch my feet or hands together. I feel my pulse at top of my feet like where leg goes into feet. I have to use fingers to feel it.

I have this. I also hear it in my ear due to tinnitus. The more anxious I am, the more I am aware of it. Relaxation helps and not worrying about it. It's because you are sensitized and aware of every little thing that happens with your body. As your body settles down, the symptom will fade away.

Nzxt27
15-03-16, 15:49
Yeah I hear mine but can feel it to Like in my feet and hands and have noticed my pulse in top of feet by looking at them.

iwantpeace
20-03-16, 20:32
Yeah I hear mine but can feel it to Like in my feet and hands and have noticed my pulse in top of feet by looking at them.

i have exactly the same aswell. i can feel it in my feet, hands, fingers when i put them together. or when im on the bed i can hear it through my pillow.

Catherine S
20-03-16, 20:53
You're feeling your pulse in all the places where your pulse points are, and if you can also see it then you're lucky because it means you have good veins. Bigger, wider veins closer to the surface will always show a pulse in action...ask anyone who works out. The reason you can hear it and feel it stronger, is because your heart is pumping harder, and that's because of your anxiety. It's all normal. ..but you're not gonna believe me are you.

ISB x

Nzxt27
20-03-16, 21:15
I believe you. But my veins are not really big or budge out. I don't see mine in my forarm or anything like some people do. I actually feel like my veins are not as exposed as they should be. I also have bad tendency to check my pulse on my neck and sometimes it feels stronger than other times. So I know it can beat stronger but sometimes I don't feel anxious or anything.

Catherine S
20-03-16, 21:29
So the next thing to say to you is that, even if you don't have the big veins, and even though you don't feel anxious sometimes, seeing a pulse and feeling a pulse on tops of feet, on wrists, backs of knees, fingertips, on your neck, on your temples and anywhere you can press your fingers against a vein is normal. What's your level of believing anybody who replies on a scale of 1 to 10 now?

ISB :)

Nzxt27
20-03-16, 21:54
I believe you. But I never been so aware of it till anxiety hit me.

Catherine S
20-03-16, 22:13
And that's the nature of the beast. You've only just started your anxiety recovery and you'll go on challenging other members who try to tell you that nothing sinister is going on , as long as you're telling us that doctors have said it's anxiety that is, because you will continue to think there is something bad going on and we're just not getting it. But you'll get there, many have recovered and moved on with their lives and you will too.

But just for today, what you're describing with your pulse is normal.

Take care
ISB x

Nzxt27
20-03-16, 22:55
And that's the nature of the beast. You've only just started your anxiety recovery and you'll go on challenging other members who try to tell you that nothing sinister is going on , as long as you're telling us that doctors have said it's anxiety that is, because you will continue to think there is something bad going on and we're just not getting it. But you'll get there, many have recovered and moved on with their lives and you will too.

But just for today, what you're describing with your pulse is normal.

Take care
ISB x

Thank you :).

NoraB
21-03-16, 08:56

Me too. I sometimes rest my mug of tea (decaf o' course) on my tummy and it jumps with my heartbeat lol. Of all my anxiety symptoms, it's the one that bugs me the most because it's constant but I'm with I Still Believe in what she says...it's not a bad thing, it's just that you are super aware of it.

It's hard to ignore it so I just tell myself that I have a good strong heart that is working well for me and I've found that wearing my deaf aid helps a bit as it picks up distracting background noise. I'll be honest though...some days it really gets to me, especially when I'm tired and grumpy. You're certainly not on your own lovely.

Calvin Harris
17-04-16, 11:24
Hey guys I have had this for 2 years defiantly my least favorite symtom's due to my inability to relax and watch a movie etc
Muscle twitches and pounding heart.
I rarely worry and seem calm 100% of the time these days but i still have this
I am always thinking a lot but not worrying
Any answer i'm guessing its just subconscious muscle tension causes my heart to beat a little harder

jessicalittler79
15-05-16, 18:04
Mine is beating very hard I can feel it and see my shirt bouncing scary for me

Mugs
16-05-16, 05:40
I have worked in cardiology for many years, this is all NORMAL.:)
Relax.