PDA

View Full Version : Sleep apnea?

shotta287
15-03-16, 11:05
Hi all,
I've been getting poor sleep recently, keep waking up in early hours of the morning and when I do fall back asleep its poor quality sleep with strange vivid dreams! For some reason I keep thinking i may have sleep apnea. Maybe because I have a congested nose too. I just hope its my anxiety!

helenhoo
15-03-16, 11:36
It's more than likely anxiety. Are you stressing throughout the day or just before sleep? I find my sleep quality is worse if I have had a particularly anxious day. Unwind before bed, try not to use electronical devices and worse thing to do is dread and work self up about sleep before sleep! Good luck xx

ohwell123
15-03-16, 11:59
my mate had sleep apnea its very dangerous I doubt you have it you prob just have anxiety,

there used to be huge pauses between him breathing out then breathing back in etc, someone would have told you by now if they thought you had weird behaviour when asleep

there were other tell tale signs a constant blocked nose I mean 100% blocked, and he used to make funny breathing noises even during the day sounded like a fed up bulldog, but he wasn't over weight

feelthelove
15-03-16, 13:33
I have sleep apnea, and if you are suffering from it then you would wake up gasping for breath and your tongue would feel numb as the tongue falls to the back of the throat which stops me breathing , my brain then wakes me up and i am gasping for air and i feel light headed because of the lack of oxygen .

i have a video which is helpful it is to strengthen the throat and tongue muscles , i must do the exercises as i have had sleep apnea quite a lot lately .