PDA

View Full Version : Pain on first day of period? Endometriosis?

ImObsessedWithGlee
15-03-16, 19:21
Ever since I came off birth control pills 6 months ago, I've had pain while trying to poo on the very first day of my period. I googled this and it says it's a symptom of endometriosis. I do get cramps also on the first day of my period but they're never bad enough that I need to take painkillers or miss work or anything.

Other than this, I've had no other symptoms. It's only the first 24 hours of my period I feel any pain. My periods are regular and are not heavy.

I am scared this pain while pooping is endometriosis. I'm only 21 and I hope to have a family of my own in a few years but I'm scared I'll be infertile :( I do still ovulate every month, which is supposed to be a really good sign of fertility so I'm hopeful but still worried. Any one have any idea if this could be endometriosis?

swgrl09
15-03-16, 20:08
Couldn't tell you ... honestly doctor's cannot truly diagnosis it really unless you have surgery or something where they are in your abdomen. But with regard to fertility I would not worry. My mother had my siblings and I without any trouble. She didn't know she had endometriosis until she had a hysterectomy in her 40s.