PDA

View Full Version : Worried about pastry

phil06
15-03-16, 19:42
I'm worried about a bit of pastry I had it had egg on it to brown it but a tiny bit inside never puffed up or never looked cooked so I'm worried I will die if I ate some raw egg will I be ok?

ItsNick
15-03-16, 22:01
I think you may have the least to worry about on this board! You're going to be just fine!

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-16, 22:43
I think you may have the least to worry about on this board! You're going to be just fine!

Phil has Contamination OCD issues hence it won't be the usual disease worries but the anxiety that can be felt can be the same. Loads of the OCD themes can seem like this, I've had many myself.

ItsNick
15-03-16, 22:52
Phil has Contamination OCD issues hence it won't be the usual disease worries but the anxiety that can be felt can be the same. Loads of the OCD themes can seem like this, I've had many myself.

I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk... It was actually meant to be comforting... Sorry if it came across as rude, definitely not my intention.

Catherine S
15-03-16, 23:24
Don't worry too much about Terry Nick. He's a self-recruited forum administrator. ..In the absence of the actual administrators who are quite thin on the ground here to be honest, and has seemingly taken it upon himself to police the boards. Don't be intimidated or bullied by him ok? You are entitled to your own feelings and opinions.

Take care
ISB x

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-16, 23:34
I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk... It was actually meant to be comforting... Sorry if it came across as rude, definitely not my intention.

You didn't, Nick, I was just explaining as Phil tends to post on the GAD board. So much of OCD can seem trivial, something I didn't understand myself until I went through it.

ItsNick
15-03-16, 23:52
Thanks. I was like damn, I'm just trying to help haha.

MyNameIsTerry
16-03-16, 04:55
Thanks. I was like damn, I'm just trying to help haha.

I'm sorry if my post came across that way, Nick. As a non HA person 99.9% of what is on this board is the same in my eyes, and I guess I can overcompensate for OCD at times which stems from seeing peoples worries being remarked as absurd or outlandish, impossible, etc. To me all anxiety is the same whether you are petrified a raised lymph node (after a cold) is cancer or whether someone fears eating something contaminated with glass when there is no chance. Both are as equally skewed and stem from similar fundamental elements of an anxiety disorder, they are just a slight twist.

phil06
17-03-16, 11:09
I managed to survive I feel quite embarrassed by some of my posts as they seem serious at the time but afterwords I wonder why I worried ..

MyNameIsTerry
17-03-16, 12:56
I managed to survive I feel quite embarrassed by some of my posts as they seem serious at the time but afterwords I wonder why I worried ..

Please don't feel embarrassed, Phil. Your worries are as equal as any other on a forum where 99.9% are irrational.

But yes I know what you mean as I've often felt the same with my OCD as a lot of it concentrated on something that was impossible or seemed trivial. It's important though not to feed the negative thinking and to accept that all irrational worry is simply that, it doesn't need to be about the big stuff.

MyNameIsTerry
17-03-16, 22:57
Don't worry too much about Terry Nick. He's a self-recruited forum administrator. ..In the absence of the actual administrators who are quite thin on the ground here to be honest, and has seemingly taken it upon himself to police the boards. Don't be intimidated or bullied by him ok? You are entitled to your own feelings and opinions.

Take care
ISB x

If you mean that it is intimidating & bullying behaviour to suggest to you that getting wound up about another poster who you were accusing to be fake, then I'm fine with it. There is no sense in being purposely inflammatory when all it takes is to click off the thread and not upset yourself.

That's all I said and yet you accuse me of this? I think your agenda stems from elsewhere, Cath, I notice it parrots a small group of others from a time when you weren't back on here.

It's a shame you feel like this because we seemed to get on fine when you were here before, we used to PM too, but I know your behaviour here only matches what it did before except that it was not focused on me last time. I remember us talking about that too, hence I see this as a shame but I'm not surprised.

I sense you have an agenda here.

Catherine S
18-03-16, 00:28
Terry, please leave me alone. You seem intent on following me around and ive had enough ok? Leave me alone. It's becoming creepy now.

MyNameIsTerry
18-03-16, 00:42
Ah, the old attempt at hinting harassment and yet do you notice that it was YOU who chose to post disrespectful comments on here when you were not previously in the thread? I'm sure that won't fit your argument though, something else I've seen before from elsewhere, eh? :winks:

I was hoping that the old Cath I knew would realise she was reacting as she did before that she often seemed to later regret? It seems I was wrong.

You will notice I haven't reacted to your disrespectful remarks on the other thread which I intend not to if possible yet I'm harassing? Of course, call to Arms for the few. :doh:

Catherine S
18-03-16, 00:43
Leave me alone!!

MyNameIsTerry
18-03-16, 04:36
Phil,

I'm sorry your thread has turned into this and sorry for my part in it, it's nothing to do with you and you shouldn't have been hijacked for it. Please ignore us all.

silver_shoes
18-03-16, 09:36
Phil,

Think of it this way, there are loads of foods containing raw egg (things like Tiramisu... also I am sure Japanese people eat it! Urgh). Also when you were a kid, and your Mum would let you lick the whisk after she had baked a cake.. yep, raw egg.

I am certain you will be fine :) :)