PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis fear back terrified

Lockey1995
16-03-16, 10:43
Hey, I woke uo this morning I think I was cramped up I think because my dog was sleeping underneath so I was sleeping on the edge of the bed. Anyway when I woke up this morning with a pain when I moved under my ribs and when I got it radiated down quite a bit. It is a little tebder in the middle when pushed and slightly right to the navel. I can run etc without it hurting, skip, jump. When I push on my lower right side it doesn't hurt at all.

Does it start in the navel then move down to the right then starts hurting or would it just hurt there straight away if I pushed it.

Can someone help I'm in mass panic here !!

Cheers

debs71
16-03-16, 11:14
Hi,

Appendicitis typically starts in the navel area, sort of around the tummy button and then later shifts to the lower right side of the tummy. It usually comes on quite suddenly.

People mostly just thing of pain being an indication of appendicitis, but please be reassured a bit by the fact their are other symptoms that normally go with it like diarhoea, vomiting, sometimes a temperature, pain when you cough or breathe deeply, lack of appetite...

It sounds very suspicious that you were cramped up in bed becase of your sleepy dog, lol. :woofThis may have caused you to have strained your abdominal muscles by sleeping awkwardly, hence the pain. It doesn't take much.

See how you go. Appendicitis pain is INCREDIBLY painful usually. People are generally doubled over with it and feel very unwell, so I would suspect this has more to do with your bad posture during the night. x

Lockey1995
16-03-16, 12:28
Feeling better now I think it may have been ibs never been diagnosed with it but I'm pretty sure I have it. God ive never been so scared in my life went for a walk and I now feel allot better.

I've always had this appendicitis fear for around 7 years now.

debs71
16-03-16, 12:47
That's good then.

Yes, IBS can certainly throw up similar pains. I have IBS and my pain has always been left side, but recently I am getting it on the right, and like you, I was worried about the appendix, as it is not the norm for my IBS, but you can get IBS pain essentially anywhere across the lower abdomen.