PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety - Lymph glands

Jonnyswife
16-03-16, 12:06
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I've been incredibly anxious for several months about a variety of health issues, and the current one is driving me demented :(
I have had a cold/ viral thing for quite a few weeks, and an external ear infection for several months. I have some swollen glands on both sides of my neck, the largest is about the size of a baked bean, the others (perhaps 6 or 7 tiny ones) are very small, probably around 0.5cms. They are mobile and slightly tender. I realise they could be related to the ear thing, or the viral thing. My doc said the eardrums look 'dull'... Because she knows I am anxious (I've been waiting months for counselling!), she ran blood tests for a good range of things and they all came back healthy.
Anyway, I had nearly talked myself out of believing I had cancer this morning (my recurrent phobia), as I have started a new antibiotic in my ear. I was hoping that would be the end of my swollen lymph nodes. However I found a tender spot under my right arm - no obvious lump but it feels glandy. Now I'm freaking out again. :(
My fears are just overwhelming at times. I am terrified of hospitals and most of all I'm terrified of dying and leaving my children :(
Can anyone help?
Thanks for reading.