PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Positive

KW
27-09-04, 16:22
Hi everyone

I have 3 meetings tomorrow which i would normally dread (my worst nightmare really having social phobia) but i keep telling myself 'all will be ok'.

Will have to meet new people in all 3 meetings tomorrow and although i fear having to speak i'm determined to get through it. I know i sound silly but just to say a few words will be a great achievment for me.

KW

pips
27-09-04, 16:40
Hi KW,

Good luck for tommorow! I hope it goes well for you! It doesn't sound silly at all even the smallest thing is a huge step! Keep up the positive thinking and good attitude and you will do fine!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

Karen
27-09-04, 17:20
Hi KW

Well done for having such a positive attitude. I don't think it sounds silly at all. Having social phobia myself I know how difficult it can be to speak at all.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Briary

Sue
27-09-04, 17:38
Doesnt sound silly to me either.

Good luck,

Sue

seh1980
27-09-04, 18:01
hello KW,

It's great that you are managing to stay positive - good luck for tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes.

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
27-09-04, 18:41
KW

Good luck for tomorrow.

Don't forget the bottle of water and maybe even some mints to suck to stop your mouth getting dry.

Take a pen and pad and pretend to make notes if you get anxious.

Best of luck!

Nicola

Meg
27-09-04, 19:47
KW - well done .

You did really well last week - keep that positive affirmation going .

Will send good vibes

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Elle-Kay
27-09-04, 21:30
Good luck, KW! Keep up with those positive affirmations and let us know how you get on - we'll be thinking of you!

What times are your meetings? I will send extra strong good vibes for you at those times ;)

Leah xx

~* Do what you want. Nobody else will do it for you *~

KW
27-09-04, 21:37
Hi everyone - thank you for your encouraging messages. I found today that every time a negative thought came in to my head i just pushed it right back out again.. :)

KW

KW
27-09-04, 22:05
Hi Leah

The first is at 9am, second at 2pm and the third will be 7pm. Thank you for your support. Glad you had a good weekend by the way.. well done :)

KW

Meg
27-09-04, 22:11
KW -

**I found today that every time a negative thought came in to my head i just pushed it right back out again.. :)**

Fantastic news - keep this going and it will become a habit !!

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Elle-Kay
28-09-04, 21:54
Hello again :)

Just wondering how the meetings went? I hope you went in feeling as positive as you sounded here beforehand!

Leah xx

KW
29-09-04, 09:11
Hi everyone

Meetings went really well. I felt what i think were natural nerves and was a little aprehensive about meeting new people but didn't have to talk so felt relieved! The evening meeting was packed..about 20 people but i got through it and looked up more in the room instead of looking down like i usually do. So overall a great result.

KW

minny
29-09-04, 13:47
Well done KW!!! :D

Success stories are so inspiring!

Love Minny..xx

Meg
29-09-04, 13:50
Hey - wow !!

Congratulations again

Meg

Sue
29-09-04, 16:34
Fantastic news, well done indeed!

Sue

Elle-Kay
29-09-04, 17:45
That's great! Really well done! :D

sal
29-09-04, 18:17
Hi

Well done you. Pleased you got through the meetings and felt ok.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
30-09-04, 21:00
Wonderful news KW, well done indeed [^]:D

Best wishes, Jo x

nomorepanic
01-10-04, 16:10
Nice one KW

Bet it will get easier each time now won't it?

Nicola

jill
01-10-04, 16:39
[Wow!] WELL DONE:D:D

LOVE JILLXXX