PDA

View Full Version : Extreme anxiety over HIV

Akwardguy
16-03-16, 23:19
Hello, last 2 weeks I had unprotected oral sex with another guy and he ejaculated into my mouth. I was very scared and went to see a doctor and hold her about it. She said hiv via oral is low risk and I didn't need PEP. She took an initial blood test for std screening and all came back negative. She asked me to come back again at the end of the month for another test. I am very anxious and worried at the moment, waiting for the day to come for my test. I cannot function properly, thinking about it everyday and cannot sleep. And I am starting to feel like my body is very hot and my skin has this burning sensation when I try to sleep at night. I went to see a doctor and described him this and he told me probably due to my anxiety and prescribed me muscle relaxant to help me sleep. I'm not sure how I can go though the end of the month to retest. Please help me

Fishmanpa
16-03-16, 23:40
I'm sorry you're so worried. As you doctor said, the odds are heavily in your favor. Good luck!

Positive thoughts

WiseMonkey
17-03-16, 00:11
I agree with what your Dr said.
This practice is common between both sexes and if HIV was commonly transmitted this way there would be far more publicity around it.
Do take an HIV test next month to get peace of mind.

Akwardguy
17-03-16, 00:25
Thanks guys, for the reassurance, everyday I keep counting down the days to past 2 more weeks seems like an eternity :(

nirvanainchains
17-03-16, 06:13
You must be aware that HIV is not that easy to transmit. And what you and your partner did was a VERY LOW RISK.