PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help

megs18
17-03-16, 01:06
I am a 20 year old woman and the past 3 days or so I've felt very short of breathe or like I can't breathe. I especially feel it in the evening or at night and have been having a lot of trouble sleeping because of it. I went to the doc who did some test where I blow into a tube as hard as I can and it measures it and I was blowing 200 when he says I should have been blowing at 400. This makes me think this is not all in my head. That and it is constant, not just when I feel anxious.

He thought it might be allergy-induced asthma, even though I've never experienced allergies or asthma, and prescribed me 2 inhalers--one rescue inhaler and one that I take every 12 hours. I've only been using them for a day but I feel no different.

If you look at some of my recent posts you'll see I've been concerned about a swollen lymph node in my pelvis that has been there for a few months and then most recently I've been dealing with irregular periods. This makes me think I have lymphoma or some other type of cancer that has spread to my ovaries and now to my lungs or throat. I am so scared.

megs18
17-03-16, 12:58
Anyone?:weep:

Agib33
17-03-16, 19:50
Do you have a follow up appointment scheduled? Did you mention the node when you went in for the breathing issue?

megs18
17-03-16, 22:24
I just got back from another appt. Still blowing around 200 or less. Doc prescribed me stronger meds and thinks it might be some type of temporary asthma. He says my blood is getting enough oxygen and that my lungs sound good so idk. I'll start the new meds soon and if those don't work I'm going to request a chest xray or something. I just don't understand what could be causing this and I'm afraid it's something horrible although I don't know what that would be (lung cancer or something maybe), even though I know it's unlikely.

And Agib33, I mentioned the swollen node in my pelvis and the doc felt it and said he's not concerned but to monitor it over the enxt few months, which is basically what all docs have said that have seen me about it.

Catherine S
18-03-16, 00:56
HI megs, this happens to me at certain times of the year through seasonal allergies, in other words hayfever, but i'd never been asked have a lung function test until last May, and I had a bit of trouble blowing really hard, although the nurse said it was good enough, but gave me a blue inhaler to use when needed. It doesn't really ease the breathlessness to be honest, but I've never gone back about it and just kind of put up with it since then.

Some days are good and breathing is normal, then other days I seem to be gasping and sighing. I don't smoke and there's no chest problems or wheezing. ..sometimes a little sort of squeak when lying down but thats all. I don't get breathless around the house, just when walking outside. Gets me down sometimes.

ISB x