PDA

View Full Version : Panic over blood test.

Arran7225
17-03-16, 10:27
Been back to the doctor today for my medication review. I started four weeks ago on sertaline 50mg and was increased to 100mg 12 days ago.

I started to feel slightly better after three weeks however woke up in a night sweat a week ago which brought my symptoms back.

What I feel
Tired all the time. Constantly watching the clock for time to pass and assessing if I'm tired or not.
I sleep for 8 hrs and wake or am restless lots. But I am sleeping.

Poor appetite. No weight loss.

Stomach pain and acid reflux and diarrhoea loss stalls.

Sinus blocked.

Sore throut and wake with a dry mouth daily.

Feel of dreed

My legs and arms can feel numb almost shacking like adrenaline pumping.

Mainly feels like I have just had a near miss whilst driving.

Told the doctor today that I worry it's more than just anxiety so she said she will do a set of blood tests as a precaucanry measure.

PANICK PANICK PANICK

Has anyone else been sent for blood tests in similar circumstances ?

I suffered a bout of anxiety in 2014 and took seven weeks to feel any better. The doc said its early days for the sertaline to be kicking in so guess with the increase I will have to wait.

But just panicked by the thought of blood tests and does she think it could be something more.

ItsNick
17-03-16, 11:52
She said she would do it as a precautionary measure... Sounds like your Doctor doesn't even think it's necessary. It may give you some peace of mind, though?

Arran7225
17-03-16, 12:20
Yes this is very true. I keep thinking about her saying that!

I said to her I thought it must be more. So I guess she is reacting to my request

Thanks Nick :)

ItsNick
17-03-16, 12:58
When I went in almost two months ago, she said I could run a blood test on you if you'd like but I don't think we need to. She did it because I was sort of freaking out. I get where you're coming from, but I really don't think it's anything to worry about. Look at it like you sort of forced her hand in a sense lol

Arran7225
17-03-16, 13:55
Haha yes that's a good way of looking at it. How are you feeling now ?

ItsNick
17-03-16, 14:04
I'm heading to the Doctor now to hopefully put my fears to rest. I've had some Anxiety Attacks and am worried about Heart issues or a Brain Tumor at the age of 28. Hoping it's just Anxiety and I'll be prescribed something. All my bloods 2 months ago came back good besides a slight elevation in a Liver Enzyme which didn't worry the Doctor.

Arran7225
17-03-16, 14:11
That's great news about the bloods and I'm sure they will reassure you :)

Do
You do anything else to help yourself ? I'm doing mindfulness and ready eckhart tolle books.
Make a very good read :)

ItsNick
17-03-16, 14:17
I've done nothing so far but try to tell myself the odds of a BT or Heart Issue at 28 is probably pretty rare. I've got back in the gym and I'm eating better. Also, I haven't drank much in 2 months. I used to drink 2 or 3 times per week. I'm hoping this will give me some peace of mind so I can start focusing more on the Anxiety issue. I was on Google and WebMD a couple months ago for about a week straight and I hope that's what messed me up like this.

I imagine if it's just Anxiety I'll be prescribed something and then I can focus in on the Anxiety... If that's all it is.

Arran7225
17-03-16, 14:55
Yer you will prob be offered a drug to help. I use sertaline.

If you would be interested in the books I will PM you.

Google is a nightmare for symptom checking I try to avoid it at all costs. But I do find myself looking up things I shouldn't sometimes.

Every time I'm given some new pill I find myself reading about it over and over.

Sure the doc will asurre you. Let us know how you get on :)

Nzxt27
17-03-16, 15:13
I'm interested In the books.