PDA

View Full Version : Daily panic, agoraphobia, constant anxiety and pregnant :(

laughing heart
17-03-16, 12:06
Hi all, this is my first post!

Im pretty much just posting this to vent how I feel, maybe it will help me, probably not though.

I have had panic attacks/anxiety and agoraphobia on and off for almost 10 years and I am still at a loss with controlling it. I do have times, years even, where I feel pretty good and can go about life like a fairly normal person, but it seems to me that my mental health issues will always creep back up on me and it makes me feel so sad :(

At the moment I am 32 weeks pregnant with baby number two and I am pretty much house bound. I stopped driving a few weeks ago as I had a PA each time and now it seems I cant even walk to my local shop which is literally 5mins away. I had to take early maternity leave as I just couldn't continue working. I have tried hypnosis, counselling, group therapy, meditation, midfullness....the list goes on. Although these do help a little it seems to me now that there may not be a cure. I feel as though I'm missing out on life, there is so much I want to do, places I want to go etc but agoraphobia and panic have robbed me of that. Luckily I have a very supportive husband who tries to convince me that everything will get better.

I guess my question to anyone who is listening...is there a way out?
What has worked for you? Has anyone found their anxiety to be worse when pregnant? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

vicky23
23-03-16, 13:59
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. I don't have any answers but just want to encourage you that you can get through this. You've done it before and I'm sure that the good times will come back once you get over this current hurdle.
Have you tried CBT? I have some on the NHS and found it helpful.
Best wishes
X