PDA

View Full Version : pantoprazole

prue1956
17-03-16, 14:27
Hi ive just been given pantoprazole and gaviscon by my doctor today as she thinks i could have an ulcer the pain is just under the middle of my breastbone,i find im worse at night as ive been getting acid reflux....i just wondered if anyone else was taking these meds and how they have got on with them

debs71
17-03-16, 15:25
Hi,

Yes, I have!

A couple of years ago I had terrible pain under my ribcage, belching, reflux, etc. I was diagnosed with gastritis with a possible ulcer, but I never had a test/scope to confirm an ulcer, however the doc put me on pantoprazole and a med very similar to gaviscon called Almax Forte (like a liquid antacid) I was in Spain at the time, so the meds are a little different!

I cannot recommend Pantoprazole enough. Within days of starting it and the other med my pain disappeared....amazing. I had tried Omeperazole before this for acid reflux with okay-ish results, but I found Pantoprazole to be much better.

The doctor I saw said that there are some gastric/proton pump inhibitor meds that just work better for the individual person than others.

Give them a go, and I am sure that you will see a vast improvement in your symptoms. x

prue1956
18-03-16, 09:43
Hi ithanks for your reply yes i had been on omeprazole but it wasn't doing much i just hope this works and the gaviscon.....she did ask i f i wanted to go for the camera down but due to ibs and anxiety ifelt i couldn't go through with it so ì declined ��