PDA

View Full Version : Ear/brain concerns

worrier 82
17-03-16, 17:13
Hello all
I haven't made a thread for a very long time but I constantly come on here and browse the threads.
Anyway for about 7 weeks now I have been having all these symptoms and wondered if anyone has ever experienced them.
It started with a weird whooshy feeling inside, lightheaded, flashy sort of feeling behind eyes, sensitivity to sound, abit off balance, extremely anxious, ears feel blocked plugged, popping ears, tiredness, sinus issues.
All these come and go worse when tired.
I have been doctors about 4 times first they said it was hormonal then I got sent for full bloods everything checked all come back clear then they said my heart beat was irregular so I am booked in for ecg next week then 2 weeks ago doctor said could be a ear issue so gave me stemetil which has helped with whooshiness but I still having ear pain and blocked feeling sensitivity to sound and clicky poppy ears.
Anyone ever had any of the same issues I'm really struggling keep thinking something serious going on.

Thankyou

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

I also had quite a few head jolts when trying to go sleep.

worrier 82
19-03-16, 12:18
No one?

worrier 82
31-03-16, 16:48
I have now got a 5 day ecg machine thingy on and doctors think I have something going on in inner Or middle ear. I'm still expericing the feeling of being on a boat and still anxious but not as much I'm just wondering has anyone else had any of this tha kyou

Josh1234
31-03-16, 17:25
I constantly feel off balance.

Beckybecks
31-03-16, 17:55
I've had some similar symptoms with sinusitis. But yours do sound like an inner ear problem. My friend had an inner ear infection where she was so off balance she could only lie on her back. But don't worry. It's treatable and once your on the right meds it will disappear quickly. Hope you're better soon. Let us know.

Lisssa
31-03-16, 18:04
Have you looked into tmj? Tmjd. Constant clenching or bruxism that the jaw inflames or becomes too muscular and it oressing against the eustatian tubes then causing ear issues as you described. A maxillary surgein whi specializes in tmj would know. They make a custom soft splint to sleep in to alleviate the injury being done and it takes a couole of weeks to calm it all down. You can take your finger and press back along the side of your inside of your mouth. Press into the side though it will hurt then yiu know you have an issue.you want to poke at the muscle usually along side the last molars. Take a read in a tmj forum too you will see similiar complaints. Could honestly be this.

worrier 82
31-03-16, 22:04
Thankyou for replies. I did think about tmj as I do grind my teeth have done for years. I'm feeling so anxious tonight about it all. i just want this sorted ��

LilGsMama
02-04-16, 08:01
I've had issues like this over the past year, worsened in December and to be honest it sent me into my worst HA episode yet. My symptoms have generally subsided over time but am still prone to dizziness/excess mucous in nasal/ear region and I still have the hissing/tinnitus but it doesn't bother me a lot of the time (something I thought I'd never say!).. I've also had irregular beats on and off over the past 8 years and I do notice it more when I'm stressed or my hormones are on the change during certain times of the month. My colleague also experiences the very same things, she's had sinus/ear problems for 2 years now and our GP has told her it can come and go for years!

The clicky ear thing has driven me nuts but I have spells of not noticing.

Hope this helps x

cattia
02-04-16, 08:11
I have also had similar issues this year with blocked ears, excessive mucous and feeling off balance. My ear totally blocked on one side for a week and I felt very spaced out. It sent me spiralling into massive anxiety. I was diagnosed with eustacian tube dysfunction which is basically another term for blocked ears! I think a combination of sinus issues, tmj and anxiety combined to cause the problem. It has now mostly cleared up but the sinus congestion is pretty chronic for me.

Mummybee
02-04-16, 08:40
This is identical to me, except I'm also having problems with my vision after bending down or hanging my head down 😣
My ears are much worse in the car, everytime we drive anywhere I am yawning the whole time just to help the pressure feeling.

Female healthanxiety
04-04-16, 22:02
How old are you if you don't mind me asking.... Just that you said the dr said it could be hormonal?! But if that is the case, they should be testing your hormone levels for that xx

I have all of your mentioned symptoms as well..... It's horrid babes really is x

worrier 82
04-04-16, 22:42
Hello I'm 34. I haven't had no hormone tests. It truly is horrid. Do you get yours in spells or 24/7 ?

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Sorry just seen the other replies Thankyou. How are you feeling now mummybee?

Female healthanxiety
05-04-16, 00:00
Well I've never heard of hormone problems from a DR - that's too young!

I have it constantly however I have spells when it is really bad, like I feel I'm going to fall into a shelf in a shop and standing makes it worse. You?

worrier 82
05-04-16, 09:24
Yeah I have some better days but it's always there then I have terrible moments like last night! I have it standing sitting laying doesn't seem to matter! I'm going to have 3 tablets today see if it helps. I'm just so fed up with it now I feel once I have the ent appointment it might set my mind at ease as it's the not knowing defiantly what is going on is adding to it all.