PDA

View Full Version : Lost it

elik
17-03-16, 18:11
For the first time I havee looked at my illness straight in the face and I'm so overwhelmed. All I see is a history of hectic trauma disturbing and dissociated moments and nothing else. I am in a bid to stop living like this but now I feel even more alien and dissociated, completely overwhelmed and disorientated and unsure what to do say or think. It's like I freak out about everything possible and don't live. I look inwards not outwards

Xtrastrongbint
17-03-16, 18:19
Elik - it appears to me from your recent posts that you are really struggling at the moment. Can I ask what you've been diagnosed with and the meds you've been prescribed? And anything else you've tried? It might be easier to answer if I knw some of your history:hugs:

elik
17-03-16, 18:49
I just feel trapped , every angle I take I find something else. I am on lithium started nearly two weeks ago, I just feel like I've churned up my past episodes and all I see is hell and how crazy I feel I get during these episodes makes me panic and I feel so so lost. I do everything by the book of getting over anxiety and so forth and yet I have this feeling, this horrible horrible distant unearthed weird unsettling feeling clouding my perspective and distorting my reality making it so much easier to read into my thoughts and freak out because I my self don't feel grounded or stable

Xtrastrongbint
17-03-16, 18:58
So what are you diagnosed with Elik? Is it anxiety or something else? Can you go back to the gp and explain what you are feeling? Lithium takes a good 6 weeks to start to kick in...:hugs:

elik
17-03-16, 20:17
Hi thanks for your response, I just feel my whole life is me hanging on with everything I've got but living out of sheer confusion and fear and a weird state of mind. They say I suffer with anxiety