PDA

View Full Version : antipsychotics for anxiety?

boogletoot
17-03-16, 19:51
i am on chlorpromazine for severe anxiety,i was wondering if anyone else had taken this or any other antipsychotics for anxiety? any experiences would be great thanks:)

aprilmoon
17-03-16, 20:52
Hi
I take Olanzapine for anxiety and have found it to be really good

Macca888
25-11-16, 11:43
I was started on 75mg of Chlorpromazine for generalised anxiety along with 75mg of clomipramine. It is believed the two medications enhance eachothers effects. The anxiety i suffer from is extreme with persistent intrusive thoughts and a massive amount of paranoia from the social anxiety. It has had a slightly positive effect on the racing thoughts and reduced the paranoia a bit. I think the chlorpromazine is meant to help with the most extreme elements of anxiety and warped thinking and the clomipramine to deal with the obsessive negative rumination. Unfortunately it may need an increase in dosage as it is just scratching the surface at the moment. I believe higher doses could provide significant relief so it is avenue worth exploring for the most extreme forms of anxiety. I think augmentation with two different kinds of medication (in this case an anti-psychotic and a trycyclic antidepressant) can be effective for the most extreme and treatment resistant anxiety sufferers.

ana
25-11-16, 20:08
I was on Sulpirid for a number of years. Worked well with numbness and DP sensations in limbs

Shezney
26-11-16, 11:44
I take olanzapine for anxiety , good apart from the weight gain