PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of penile cancer!!!

Petesy
17-03-16, 21:19
Hi everyone

I need too post this and hope someone can lift a weight of my mind..

I've got this redish oval shaped patch on the tip of my penis underneath the foreskin it starts from the rim of the the head upwards.. I've phoned the clinic and got a call from a nurse i told her everything and she didn't seem to concerned, i explained my mental health state "GAD" "HA" and said I'm worried out of my mind..she went on to say that if what I'd told her sounded serious she'd have had me seen right away so the nurse that I've not too worry and has gave me an appointment for the 1st of April...

I've done something that i don't usually do and GOOGLED and "penile cancer" popped up now I'm petrified after seeing what i saw plus i watched the new jeremy kyle show and their was a man aged 66 who got it and had to have his penis removed...I'm 33 years old i eat healthy, drink herbal teas, exercise, cycling, weights, good hygiene, and have stopped smoking also! Been feeling great and anxiety free! but this is stuck in my head and taking over!!

Me and my fiancee of 7 years have been having a lot of sex over the past 4 months trying for a child "don't know if anyone has seen the episodes of friends with monica and chandler it's been like that... Vigorous.. sorry if it's tmi but i have to tell it how it is. My logical part of the brain is saying it's just been all the sex and the anxiety is now taking over!!!

I'm so afraid and my head is all over the place my brother laughed after me telling him and said it's most likely friction and said I'm lucky it's been 5 month for him..trying to cheer me up i suppose but the way my head is i couldn't even laugh...

Please can someone put my mind at ease because the 1st of April feels a million miles away right now :blush:

Thanks Petesy.

Catherine S
17-03-16, 21:52
The thing about cancer...and Fishmanpa would explain it better if he's around...is that all the normal lumps and bumps, moles and blemishes that we all get can look similar to pics of cancerous growths. Largely speaking, medically trained staff know the difference, so unless you pay a visit to your local health centre so they can see it, your description over the telephone didn't ring any warning bells. Is there a reason you don't want to take your penis to your surgery for examination?

ISB

Fishmanpa
17-03-16, 22:00
The thing about cancer...and Fishmanpa would explain it better if he's around...is that all the normal lumps and bumps, moles and blemishes that we all get can look similar to pics of cancerous growths. Largely speaking, medically trained staff know the difference, so unless you pay a visit to your local health centre so they can see it, your description over the telephone didn't ring any warning bells. Is there a reason you don't want to take your pens to your surgery for examination?

ISB

I'm around ISB :) Thing is, based on the post history of the OP as well as the information in the post, I'm thinking this is attributable to some vigorous baby making activity and like the dozens of other fears and symptoms, they're either unfounded, benign or psychological in nature.

As far as his "pens"? Maybe he's afraid they'll tell him he's out of ink :roflmao: (couldn't resist!)

Positive thoughts

Petesy
17-03-16, 22:29
Thank you both for your replies

IB i have an appointment on Monday to see my GP i ain't shy when it comes to this, there's a lot of other non sinister things it can be but the anxiety is making me focus on the bad one like it usually does the thing is I've been enjoying my life anxiety free now this appears and puts me back in the mix.

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Thanks fishmanpa

lol on the (ink) :roflmao: well you made me laugh so no worries, i hope it's just down to friction or something of that nature, i think I'll just go tomorrow just too get it checked out instead of stewing over the weekend.

Thanks again guys.

Catherine S
17-03-16, 22:29
Lol! Only just realised spelling and now corrected :D

Petesy
21-03-16, 14:22
Hi guys

Just a quick update went to the gp today he had a look and said it's ok :blush: that I've too give the chap a rest lol and prescribed me a hydrocortisone cream too use twice a day..i feel really embarrassed now about this post but just goes to show how anxiety can effect our way of thinking..I'll keep the post up incase anyone else experiences the same worries or symptoms...

Thanks ISB and Fishmanpa for the replies and Pa even the doc cracked a joke :roflmao:

Take care.

venusbluejeans
21-03-16, 15:44
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Catherine S
21-03-16, 16:24
No problem Pete, thanks for the update and glad you've got some peace of mind.

ISB :D

p282
14-05-16, 21:38
Hi guys

Just a quick update went to the gp today he had a look and said it's ok :blush: that I've too give the chap a rest lol and prescribed me a hydrocortisone cream too use twice a day..i feel really embarrassed now about this post but just goes to show how anxiety can effect our way of thinking..I'll keep the post up incase anyone else experiences the same worries or symptoms...

Thanks ISB and Fishmanpa for the replies and Pa even the doc cracked a joke :roflmao:

Take care.

Don't feel embarrassed. I am more than positive that everyone has done something they wish they hadn't because of anxiety, diffidently I have. Anxiety is a bitch!

unsure_about_this
31-05-16, 14:19
Just two years younger than you I had this fear I was 29. Penile Cancer is very rare for age range. It is always sensible to get any odd marking etc checked out by the GP.

I been to GP because I thought I saw something odd.