PDA

View Full Version : What all can be told by blood work?

Nzxt27
17-03-16, 21:15
Just wondering how much a doctor can tell by blood work?

Catherine S
17-03-16, 21:38
Alot really, but it depends on what the doctor requests. I've just had blood taken to test for thyroid level, liver count, cholesterol level and kidney function. Blood can also show up any infection that might be present, as amongst other things, infection can affect blood pressure reading...can make it a little higher. I think testing our blood is generally a good starting point to see what's happening in our body.

ISB x

Nzxt27
17-03-16, 21:49
Yeah when I was at the ER they did CBC with diff and checked thyroid and see if I was anemic and tsh ( I think that's what it is called ) think they did another test or two but forgot the names. It all came back fine but I still worry my blood is not flowing good or something is wrong. My ex who is a EMT said they can pretty much test everything with blood.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

I also keep a check on my blood pressure which most the time stays in the normal range. But never hit high blood pressure type 1.

Aleman200
17-03-16, 22:46
Yeah i've had vials of the stuff taken for just about everything. It can usually tell if there's something off in your body. Even if you're not aware of it. I had a complete blood check the other week. They took like 4 vials of it and told me all my organs were fine. Which was nice. :D