PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Mass on my Right Testicle

Cliffer
18-03-16, 05:08
Hey guys,

I am just getting over my health anxiety (not entirely but I'm functioning) and I read these threads all the time. Recently, I read a lot about testicular cancer, but I don't think I found one quite similar to mine. I found a tiny (smaller than a rice grain) hard mass on my right testicle. It's almost incomparably small, I wouldn't know how to describe its size -- but its hard, and fixed. It sits closer to the back of the testicle, near the top

I suspect this one is out of place because I checked both thoroughly (and multiple times per day, even at work embarrassingly) and have not found anything like it on my other testicle. It's painless, but I've read that testicular cancer is associated with dull aches in the groin. I have some pains in the groin, but they are very few and they come and go really fast. I also read about lymph node enlargement, and I noticed the my lymph nodes on the right size of my pelvis, while soft and movable, is larger than the others in that region. I would like to think it was just a vain, or perhaps a part of the epididymitis, but I'm not sure.

I'm not panicking, but I am slightly worried, do you guys have any ideas what this could be or have heard of anything this small?

Thanks

Pipkin
18-03-16, 07:29
Hi there,

Obvious question but have you been to see your GP? You're right to be vigilant which then often results in us finding things. The vast majority of the time, it's nothing to worry about. For peace of mind, get it checked.

Pip

mark84
18-03-16, 19:25
Pipkin is right, its very likely to be nothing at all, but there's no harm seeing a doc to put your mind at ease :)

ilovetrees
20-03-16, 16:04
It's really simple. Get the GP to check it and he will decide if a US would be helpful.

Then, the chances are, you can stop worrying.

Phill2
21-03-16, 01:02
Probably just a cyst but get it checked out anyway

Josh1234
23-03-16, 21:17
How old are you? I developed a cyst in my right testicle at age 19. Testicular cancer usually strikes young men. After the age of 30, your likelihood decreases significantly.

p282
14-05-16, 21:34
Hey,

Like others have said, get it checked. However, testicular cancer very large majority of the time will not form at the top of the testicle, but the mid section of the testicle. What you could be feeling is the appendix testis, or it might be a vein. It's also normal to feel lymph nodes in your groin. I can feel mine. As long as they are not over 2cm or visibly noticeable, I wouldn't be concerned.

unsure_about_this
22-05-16, 12:45
I know this thread is a bit old, but if you have not been get it checked by your doctor who may send you for an ultrasound