PDA

View Full Version : Chronic symptoms - GAD / Panic / Heath Anxiety? Please help

rjpm1993
18-03-16, 07:19
Hi there,

About 5 weeks ago now I randomly had a panic attack that shook me quite heavily. Previous to this I had never had one before. The thing that I found weird was that I wasn't anxious when it happened and my physical symptoms continued. And in the last 5 weeks I have had continuing symptoms that vary between:

Lightheadedness
Feeling disassociated / lack of concentration
Head aches
Tingling in extremities
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Increased heart rate for no reason
General feeling of unrest / being unwell
I've also had this weird Symptom where my sinuses feel randomly blocked which leads to a further feeling of not being able to breath. But that comes and goes and there is nothing there to clear out when it is blocked it just happens.
In the last week I've also developed a cough which could be unrelated but I still worry. I have a slight sore throat so this might not be anything to worry about.

During this period the symptoms constantly change in length and severity. But I have also been having what I assume to be multiple panic attacks for no reason. I am never anxious when they happen. But now I think they may be induced by my constant worry that it is something serious. I've had constant fear that it could be PE (which I am extremely afraid of to this day), MS or even cancerous and it is mentally exhausting me. I am getting scared just to go to Work because that is where they frequent the most. Which also stresses me about losing my job. It all came crashing down today when I just burst into tears at work for no reason. I feel so frustrated and trapped in my own mind and body. In the last few weeks I have been to the doctors and had:

General blood work
D Dimer (which was negative but I still worry)
4 x ECG
Routine checks
X rays

They have said it's just anxiety and referred me to a psychologist for CBT which I will try. I'm just struggling until I see them as I constantly feel unwell or scared of having another attack. I'm also constantly worried that it is something worse than it is or have been misdiagnosed. Has anyone had similar chronic symptoms and how did you cope? It's affecting my social life as I'm scared to go out I case I feel dizzy or short of breath.

Also, I am a 22 year old male whom is relatively active, doesn't smoke and occasionally drinks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am constantly living in a physical state of anxiety/panic.

Nicoline1990
19-03-16, 11:34
Hi,

I have the exact same symptoms, its like reading my own story.

I've been checked out by neurologist, different docters had a bunch of bloodwork.

Lightheadedness (comes and goes)
Feeling disassociated / lack of concentration (YES)
Head aches (comes and goes)
Tingling in extremities (yes, yes, yes, mostly at night or when waking up)
Fatigue (yes)
Shortness of breath (yes, al of a sudden its there)
Increased heart rate for no reason ( yes!)
General feeling of unrest / being unwell (like having the flu without a fever)

Often when i can relax, like sitting on the couch i get a doom feeling like there is danger when obvious there isnt any and if i get stuck in that feeling i always get a panick attack.

I noticed when i loose control over something or it doesnt go the way i want, i get very stressed. It such a bad manner!

When i'm at my lowest and everything is black (not really depressed because on the outside im always happy), i always think i have a terrible disease and when i'm doing slightly OK again i think, that was stupid because i'm fine again.

I dont get many attacks anymore because now (after a few years) can calm myself down and say that its 'only' anxiety and it will pass.

Sometimes i'm totally thrown of guard when my symptoms change or they are a little differtent but thats all in the game of anxiety! For me therapy helpt allot. Not the general therapy but more trauma therapy because ive been trough allot with family expectations and more (long story). To me it all makes sense now but when i had my breakdown.. men oh men, it was horrible so i can certainly relate to your story.

I'm sorry if my spelling is off, i'm from Amsterdam, Holland.

I wish you the best of luck, its a journey but you'll get there, have faith in yourself and in your body.

Kuatir
21-03-16, 06:54
Yeah, you are essentially describing my symptoms, but u don't have panic attacks, thankfully.

One of the things I've learnt is that you have to face your fears. So that means going out even though you feel dizzy / breathless. It can be tough to motivate yourself though.