PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken Metronidazole ?

MissSunshine
18-03-16, 10:14
I've been prescribed this for suspected BV
I have ibs and read that it can cause upset stomachs which terrifies me as my ibs can be quite bad.
I did tell the doctor but they still want me to take it saying it will just cause nausea and said I should take the 5 tablets all at once before I go to sleep tonight
I've read that people take these over a few days and the fact that I have to take them all at once makes me concerned and now I can't ring the doctor back until Monday :-(

nirvanainchains
18-03-16, 12:11
Take 5 tablets all at once? Is your doctor crazy? My doctor also has ruled a preliminary diagnosis as IBS, I declined complete blood test and full abdominal ultrasound which is too costly for me. He prescribed me metronidazole, omiprazole?, pregabalin(I told him I feel some numbness or nerve numbness), and some antacids. He told me to take metronidazole 30 minutes before meals or 30 minutes after meals, so that’s 3 pieces a day.

E123
18-03-16, 13:38
I've taken it recently and have what the Drs think is Ibs, it didn't upset my stomach but I was so tired! I took it over one week though for bv as well.