PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries back again aargh

Buster70
18-03-16, 14:29
So new to the forum but long time sufferer , long story short had many many family problems over last few years tried anti depressants for sleep on doctors advice bad , reaction and anxiety / depression ever since , the last 18 months have been very stressful and I feel I'm slipping fast back to my worst , I've not slept well since Christmas due to bad back ( worn discs ) now the last two weeks I've had chest pain and a new pain between my shoulders like a knot , the rational part of me is saying anxiety I'm tensed up all the time , the other side is screaming heart problems , been to docs yesterday he checked blood pressure oxygen levels listened to chest , all seems ok booked in for ecg which I already had 6 months ago all was ok then , I've come away for the weekend and I don't want to ruin it freaking out , it was the break I thought I needed but I've brought the extra unwanted baggage in my head , any one fancies talking me down to earth I'd apreaciate it , hope to give advice back to others when I'm back on top , thanks in advance

countrygirl
18-03-16, 15:24
As you say this pain sounds very much like musculo stuff. If you have worn discs in your lower back then this will also affect all the muscles in your upper back as well, they are all connected. I know this from experience as I have disc problems from neck to bum:) and its amazing how a problem in one area can cause pain and muscle spasm quite a distance away.
Yesterday my lumbar spine siezed up totally, I could not even stand up straight because it was in such spasm and the pain is going right through my abdomen muscles because they are in spasm a well and up into my lower ribs again because all the muscles are connected.

Hope this reassures you because I like you have been there and done that worrying about pain and at the end of the day its always been connected to my really dodgy spine.

Buster70
18-03-16, 17:11
Hi , thanks for taking time to reply just need to convince that devil on my shoulder that's what it is , thought a back bone was meant to last a life time should have listened to the old chaps when I was young saying you'll pay for that one day picking heavy things up wrong , 45 and I'm wearing out hopefully this will pass and I can make a mental note of how it felt , hope your back eases up , take care

countrygirl
18-03-16, 18:01
thanks Buster. I was born with severe sight problems and basically I have the worst repetitive strain injuries to my spine from having appaling posture due to not being able to see. Head and chin stuck forward trying to see and bending over desks to see.
Yep those old guys were actually telling the truth:)