PDA

View Full Version : Life = ruined. Wanting to give up

joshw
18-03-16, 16:16
Either doctors have mis-diagnosed me or I am in a constant panic attack 24/7 that is immune to every anti anxiety med known to humanity.

It's taken my life. I can't even get up anymore. It's triggered simply by walking from my bedroom to my kitchen. Any form of physical activity. I have such horrible symptoms, it's like being stuck as the victim in a horror movie except I never get relief by actually dying.

How is it possible this is only anxiety???? I don't think I can go on any longer.

ana
18-03-16, 19:39
Josh, it's possible, anxiety can completely take over your life and make you feel like you're in a never-ending nightmare. I completely understand how you feel, and I'm sure many more people can relate to what you're experiencing.
About a week after my first panic attack, I had a really bad episode that lasted for about 2 days, and I was completely paralysed, much like you are now,it was one panic attack after another. Even after I'd got better, my days would seem like one big panic attack.

However, it has been 15 years since this event, and I can promise you, you will not feel this way forever. It will go away. The meds aren't working at the moment because your levels of anxiety are really high. Please, stick it out, wait it out, and the panic will subside. Try and reason with yourself and talk to yourself in a positive manner. These are your feelings, they are under your control. Remember that. :)

Feel better!

Catherine S
18-03-16, 19:45
Josh, can you describe the panics, what you feel when they are happening, and tell me what medication you take now or have taken? Thanks.

ISB x

joshw
18-03-16, 22:24
oh my god. My doctor just told me I contracted mono two weeks ago when this really started getting bad. She is confident that's why I can't get up and walk around without feeling like I'm dying.

Mono, after two weeks of so many tests I forgot what they all were and to be told by so many experts it was just my anxiety.

I do have anxiety but man, I knew this was something more.

Catherine S
18-03-16, 22:29
Well at least now you know what you're dealing with. But please tell us English speaking folk what mono is lol!

ISB x

Fishmanpa
18-03-16, 22:36
But please tell us English speaking folk what mono is lol!

mononucleosis - a viral infection a.k.a. the kissing disease.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
18-03-16, 22:47
Ahh, a strain of glandular fever? No wonder you feel like crap Josh...hope you recover soon.

ISB x

joshw
19-03-16, 00:52
Yeah, hopefully should feel better soon. It's really frustrating when your doctors know you've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder then they are too quick to blame it on anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
19-03-16, 04:42
It's taken my life. I can't even get up anymore. It's triggered simply by walking from my bedroom to my kitchen. Any form of physical activity. I have such horrible symptoms, it's like being stuck as the victim in a horror movie except I never get relief by actually dying.

How is it possible this is only anxiety???? I don't think I can go on any longer.

That's exactly how my GAD was in my relapse when the OCD started. 24/7.

Getting up off the settee meant physical sensations = possible panic.
Picking something up, brushing my teeth, having a shave, washing, walking around the house, eating, etc the same as above.

Mine rarely became panic it always just got very intense and stayed there for a while. At times I wished I would have a panic attack thinking at least then the adrenaline would reduce. Dying would have been a relief, I thought about it many times. I didn't think I could go another day with it but the cruel irony was it wouldn't kill me either so I had no choice.

Spin forward a few years and I'm much better than I was. You can get out of that trap but it takes time & effort, support, possibly meds too.

ana
19-03-16, 18:45
Josh, at least you now know what the real issue is. I wish you a fast recovery, and hope you feel better!

31andcounting
19-03-16, 19:08
My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I had mono when I was in nursing school-I could not function. I remember that I literally fell asleep in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come in!! I could not move. If I had my GAD in full-blown-OMG-mode at that time, not sure what would have happened. Recovery from mono is long and you will not be at your 100% physical self for a couple months, please remember that. So, in four weeks you are feeling crappy...it is the mono...Gods speed!!

Suziewuzie
20-03-16, 11:11
I had very bad glandular fever when I was at uni, coincidentally the same time as I slipped into a panic / deoression spiral! It's horrible but at least you know a lot of what you're feeling is down to that & you will soon feel much better xx

whatisthis
05-04-16, 18:09
That's exactly how my GAD was in my relapse when the OCD started. 24/7.

Getting up off the settee meant physical sensations = possible panic.
Picking something up, brushing my teeth, having a shave, washing, walking around the house, eating, etc the same as above.

Mine rarely became panic it always just got very intense and stayed there for a while. At times I wished I would have a panic attack thinking at least then the adrenaline would reduce. Dying would have been a relief, I thought about it many times. I didn't think I could go another day with it but the cruel irony was it wouldn't kill me either so I had no choice.

Spin forward a few years and I'm much better than I was. You can get out of that trap but it takes time & effort, support, possibly meds too.

This is exactly how it was for me, I too wanted a panic attack so it peaked ha.

I'm doing much better now a few years later, I could of written that.