PDA

View Full Version : Hiding away in my own little world

wendy
04-03-07, 16:50
Hi All

I have been doing ok with my anxiety and have managed 3 weeks of mornings only work, not been easy!

I have had an awful weekend, And re-treated to my bedroom,havent managed to leave the house all weekend and today is worse than ever, I cant bring myself to leave this room, I am 100% sure I am going to die today, I darent walk around as my dizziness is so so bad I am sure I will faint. Its just me on my own this weekend and am sure I will be found dead, can anyone please give me any advise on how to break this cycle, I know if I dont make it to work tomorrow I will never go back and I dont want to give into this again and go back to it toally controlling my life, It is so so hard and Im trying so hard to have a weekend like this has totally depressed me, I dont want to spend anymore time in these 4 walls, just cant get myself to get up and out!

:weep:

Any advise would be greatly apprecaited

Thanks

Wendy

Piglet
04-03-07, 17:04
Aww Wendy - it really stinks when our anxiety makes us feel this poorly doesn't it!

If I get a little patch of feeling that bad I try and look at some ways to get tension out of the body.

Obviously the more enegetic exercise is out the window when you feel like this, like the sort I use when I am feeling 'wired'.

So instead I wonder do you have any relaxation cd's.

If I feel really rough then I settle down on the bed (usually with a comforting crystal to hold like smoky quartz which is terrible grounding) and I select one of the following cd's

The basic muscle relaxation one by the charity Nopanic (not expensive and a useful one to have)

Complete relaxation by Glenn Harrold (any of his are good)

Feeling Fine by Louise Hay

I then play with a crystal in the palm of my hand which is very calming (they are called soothing stones and a little like worry beads the repetitive action is very relaxing.:)

Have a little look on www.holisticshop.co.uk (http://www.holisticshop.co.uk) they have some lovely stuff.

Hun you can only respond to how you feel on the day and I hope you feel much better tomorrow but a big dose of tender loving care is always a balm!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

weepinky
04-03-07, 17:38
Hi Wendy hun, sorry that you have had a bad weekend, its horrible when its so acute isnt it:weep:

But you know that this will pass hun you are stronger than these all the feelings you are having now, and you know this because you have had them before and still here to tell the tale:yesyes:

Also well done you for managing work last week even though it was tough you did it!!!!!:yesyes:

Meantime you need to pamper yourself, make sure you are eating little and often, try some meditation, you can find some free ones on google if you look. Also a nice warm bath and a milky drink may help. As for work tomorrow, give it a go, you may find it takes your mind off it all, you can always come home if you cant manage.

Sending you a big hug:hugs:

Luv Pinky

Karen
04-03-07, 18:05
Hi Wendy

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time this weekend. Well done for getting to work last week. Keep reminding yourself that even though you found it hard you still did it and you can do it again.

Perhaps the change in routine at the weekend has contributed to this blip. We all have them and I always found weekends more difficult than weekdays when I was busy doing other things.

It is horrible feeling like this but it will pass. Can you reassure yourself with the knowledge that you have made it through most of the weekend and are still alive and well? Today is almost over too. You have done the hardest part.

Perhaps you could stand at your bedroom doorway for a few minutes if leaving the room is too much right now. How does that feel? Can you then take another step so that you are outside the room?

Treat yourself kindly tonight. As Piglet suggested, relaxation is a good thing to be doing when feeling so wound up like this. Personally I use Peaceful Moments (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/cd/power-naps-cd.shtml?1388) CD and the tracks are also available as here (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/cat/relaxation.html?1388).

You can come through this Wendy.

Karen x

ceecee
04-03-07, 19:11
hi wendy i know its really hard to cope sometimes when you are feel8ing so rotten,but you can getthrouh thi,you havebefore ad you are a strong person who can cope
i too have been feelng as though im about to pass out and have a 2 day course to go to in exeter this week and i,m just so convinced i,m not gioing to make it but i,m really going to try.
take are wendy
good luck for tomorrow
rach x

wendy
05-03-07, 10:05
Thank you all so much for such supportive replies, go to say if i didnt have my friends here to encourage me through these times dont know how I would cope,

:hugs:

I survived the night!! Honestly thought I was living my last day and am very shakey today but got into work, sat here constantly pulse checking and in fear but am here! Just wish I could stop thinking I am going too die, :blush:

But Today is a new day and im going to stick getting my life back!

Thanks again

Wendy xx

ceecee
05-03-07, 10:14
well done wendy
hope your day goes ok
it just goes to show how much strength we have sometimes!
take care
rach x

PaperHankie
05-03-07, 13:00
Hang in there Wendy...

I'm feeling a bit compulsive today too- checking the heart rate etc.

I have to go and collect one of my kids from school in a short while and I'm dreading it - hubby is on standby. BUT I know if I don't get out and do it today, it will be even harder tomorrow.

You are great to go to work, great to face things. It is so much easier to hide away. Each time you go out, you make it easier for the next time.

Good Luck.