PDA

View Full Version : quetiapine anger and sleep paralysis

ohwell123
20-03-16, 11:51
hi ive recently gone up from 50 to 100mg ive also just just started a pretty strong antibiotic metronidazole my doctor EVEN called me over the combo to say quietipane can interact or it makes one stronger ? although its not a big dose of quetipaine?

anyway 3 days in I feel really depressed im flick switch angry? however I am not agitated or panicky like I used to be ?

last night I went to sleep and when drifting off I could see all around me but couldn't move or talk then some horror hands were all over my face making there way into my mouth

this is hugely concerning as I started to feel great a week ago

MyNameIsTerry
21-03-16, 07:19
Nope, not according to Drug.com's interactions checker it doesn't.

There is a Minor interaction but not even in the Professionals tab is there anything mentioned about this antibiotic enhancing the Quetiapine.

Minor
metronidazole  quetiapine

Applies to: metronidazole, quetiapine

Limited data suggest that metronidazole may rarely prolong the QT interval of the electrocardiogram. Theoretically, coadministration with other agents that can prolong the QT interval may result in additive effects and increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias including torsade de pointes and sudden death. There have been isolated reports of QT prolongation and ventricular arrhythmias occurring in patients treated with metronidazole. However, a causal relationship has not been established, as nearly all published reports have involved underlying conditions and/or concomitant medications that predispose to QT prolongation. In general, the risk of an individual agent or a combination of agents causing ventricular arrhythmia in association with QT prolongation is largely unpredictable but may be increased by certain underlying risk factors such as congenital long QT syndrome, cardiac disease, and electrolyte disturbances (e.g., hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia). In addition, the extent of drug-induced QT prolongation is dependent on the particular drug(s) involved and dosage(s) of the drug(s). Patients should be advised to seek prompt medical attention if they experience symptoms that could indicate the occurrence of torsade de pointes such as dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, palpitation, irregular heart rhythm, shortness of breath, or syncope.

I think your GP is mistaken, and GP's don't always have much knowledge of these mental health meds, but ask a pharmacist if unsure.