PDA

View Full Version : why cant i believe the doctors etc

tricia56
20-03-16, 13:32
Hi not sure ware to post this but the last 3wks ive been feeling really high anxiety regarding my health as for 3wks now as i keep going lightheaded severe tension in the back of my neck shoulders nausea arms legs go weak headache everyday, ihave seen my gp twice and they said the lightheadedness is cause thro my neck being the way it is but yesterday morning i woke up really anxiouse felt i couldnt breathe arms and legs really weak i got myself so eorked up thinking ive got abrain tumour or arteries blocked in the bavk of my neck a strok and i ended up freaking out and called 999 the paramedics checked me over and reasured me everything is ok and said that the lightheadedness iscaused by my neck symtoms i felf okis after they went but a hour later started to feel really panicky again tingling in my facein my arms a legs pain in my head so i foned up111 yet again spoke to a doctor and she said exactly the same and that i need to calm myself down and not worrie over my symyoms as ive been checked overby paramedics saw my gp twice and also spoken to her and that if they thought anything sinister was wrong i would be in hospital, bit i cant seem to believe them and cant seem to stop worrieing about my symtoms and i just feel i cant keep going on like this asim getting to the piont im too scared to do anything exept sit im my proom , i dont want to be like this the rest of my life keep running to my gp or foning 999 ever time i think there is something wrong with me and always think the worst, im too petriefied to take meds, i had a assment with metal health last tue and they have put me on the waiting list for therapy butits a 6mnth waiting list, just feel im loosing it and that there must be something else mentaly wrong with me to react and behave the way i do as i dont seem to know anyone else is like me.

MyNameIsTerry
21-03-16, 06:41
I'm really sorry to hear you are having a tough time again, Tricia. :hugs::flowers:

You can consciously accept things but then the subconscious is still sending out all of those niggling doubts and so it doesn't feel like you are able to accept anything. This will change in time as you work on your recovery, that's a certainty. I wish they would speed up getting you some support!

When you are at that stage of just sitting in the room and worrying all day long, it's hard to fend on any worries, I remember it well. Just moving off the settee meant changes in sensation and me automatically worrying about them. This can be changed, I'm nowhere near the person I was a few years ago and I believe you can do it too! What I found is that it takes a lot of time & effort and it's all slow, small stuff here & there so that you start building up your tolerance and regain some self confidence.