PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

Intrusive Hype
20-03-16, 16:54
Hey guys, I'm a BA Honours psychology student.

I'm uncertain of what to say. I'm not used to sharing with people unless i've known them for a long time...

I've always been anxious even since I was a child, however I started suffering from panic attacks when I was about 15. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and I have since been on several medications including;

Clomipramine
Citalopram
Prozac
Paroxatine
Propranolol
and Mirtazapine

I'm pretty happy, it's in my nature to be extremely overconfident, however I feel that this makes the panic worse, as it feels unnatural to be panicked.

Since starting the Mirtazapine (which I have now dropped) I was told that I have developed night terrors, which has been terrible. These started about a year ago and still continue today, at the start they were more frequent where I was being woken up every 20-30 minutes by my own screaming, throughout the whole of the night, this lasted for a few months but it is less frequent with only a few occurrences per night now...

I'm hoping this is the right place to get some advice or to hear about similar stories. :D

venusbluejeans
20-03-16, 16:59
Hiya Intrusive Hype and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
21-03-16, 18:52
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

fduop
22-03-16, 23:05
Howdy Intrusive Hype, you seem to be an old pro at this from your post. It's funny (ironic) how panic can manifest itself in different ways over time. I also get what you're saying about panic feeling unnatural. I myself have gone through an attack thinking in the back of my mind, "really?"

My hope for you is that you can find a safe place to vent your feelings here. Just as I have, so best to you IH.