PDA

View Full Version : Cannot ignore physical symptoms

JMorton
20-03-16, 19:18
My chest just feels 'weird' all the time, I can't completely explain it, sort of tense, and every so often it flutters. There's hardly a moment when I feel completely 'normal'.

Fishmanpa
20-03-16, 19:27
You're young... 18 right? The chances of something being physically wrong are slim to none. The chances that you are having physical symptoms due to anxiety are quite probable. Are you doing anything to treat that?

Positive thoughts

livefree83
20-03-16, 21:19
Stress and anxiety can bring on heart flutters which are COMPLETELY NORMAL for people who suffer from anxiety. I get them all the time. When I first got them, I thought I had heart disease, was having a cardiac event, ect. I can ASSURE you, it is just anxiety. If it would make you feel better (as I did) schedule an appointment with a cardiologist to get the assurance you need that there is nothing physically wrong with you. I have been a sufferer of palpitations for many many years. Also followed by that is tightness in chest (for me as well as my back and ribs). Don't worry, you are fine. It is just anxiety. Hang in there :)

Crimsonskies
21-03-16, 01:24
Feeling tense and fluttery is unlikely to be more than anxiety/stress, but the best way to put your worries to rest is to schedule a GP appointment and get checked for anything abnormal. Chances are they will tell you everything is perfectly fine :)