PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have info on heart

tiredofthis14
21-03-16, 10:05
ok had major aniexty over heart in past sudden cardiac arrest had ecgs and 24 hr ecg in past all normal iv recently started experiencing dizziness and my heart feeld funny so all the worry bk and im petrified scared stiff if arrthmias been ruled out in past can j develop them after

countrygirl
21-03-16, 10:36
There are loads of harmless variations to normal heart rhythm like ectopic beats and tachycardias. I have them all! I was told by cardio's many years ago that only anxious people notice these variations because any little bodily symptom sends a surge of adrenalin which then produces all the other symptoms.

I developed a new heart symptom when I was approaching the menopause which is very common in women. I would feel my heart fluttering madly and I would go very very faint for a few seconds, scared the xx out of me as you can imagine. I had bad ones every few months but little zaps as well. My Gp said to me that it was unlikely to be anything sinister as I hadn't actually keeled over and was still alive and kicking and he actually was right because after having an implanted cardiac moniter in my chest ( I still have it) these attacks were super ventricular tachycardia that is not harmful to your heart although unpleasant when it happens. So my GP was right about this.

Go back to your Dr and discuss how you are feeling and what you think are new symptoms and hopefully they can reassure you.

tiredofthis14
21-03-16, 10:43
thank u hun yes I have svt too its not pleasant I had twenty four hour monitot in january this year all came bk clear but now I have this horrible feeling and thoughts im convinced it bad id just convinced myself I was fine I do feel like it hormonal related alot im 25 but have pcos so periods all over place x

countrygirl
21-03-16, 12:16
Up until the age of mid 30's every single period I had on the first 2 days I would feel really faint and with racing heart. I was told by gyny that it was all to do with wonky hormones affecting blood pressure and heartbeat and nothing to worry about health wise but obviously it was not great for everyday life. When I was pregnant for all the 9 months I could only stand up for no more than 10 mins or I fainted. Hormones have alot to answer for!

tiredofthis14
21-03-16, 14:50
oh no that sounds awful....I stupidly thought itd be a good idea to google and read about cardiomyopathy and its scared the living hell out of me as I haven't had an echo! I hate aniexty

Catherine S
21-03-16, 15:07
I agree with countrygirl, ectopic and flutters have plagued me since my 20s and still do in my 60s. Had all the tests over the years, last ecg wasn't so long ago as part of a new patient assessment after my old surgery closed. They were worse during my last pregnancy at age 34, and really bad in the run up to the menopause in my late 40s so obviously the strength of the attacks at those times were down to hormone changes. I've taken beta blockers for the last 7 years now, low dose, and these have helped calm things down heart-wise alot. My previous doctor had the same problem and took the same beta blockers!

ISB x

tiredofthis14
21-03-16, 15:11
hmm maybe something I need to look into thank u very much for your response
I know the aniexty doesn't help I instantly think the worst!

Catherine S
21-03-16, 15:16
I know its awful to think this can go on throughout life, but as countrygirl...and my old doc... said, everybody gets them throughout their lives too, just not everybody feels them. Not fair is it!

ISB x

ohwell123
21-03-16, 17:32
anxiety over your heart is such a *******...like others ive had every symptom known to man and im still fine every test comes back as im the healthiest person going then cause your worried you start getting reflux and indigestion lol lol lol it really is a joke of a disease then when I started to feel better this happened.........

as I was falling asleep id get that body zap jolt that wakes you up but mine was a stab with a Stanley blade in the chest but as soon as the pain woke you the pain went absolutely unreal

think this you've had the tests!! they've come back ok get on with your life,
the other day I almost impaled myself and the last two years of worrying over my heart wouldn't have helped me then

Indiaav
20-11-16, 00:32
I had a bad heart attack six years ago, it was a Red Alert as it was so urgent, but a brilliant team saved my life, the main person was of course the paramedic. I have had anxiety and panic attacks at various times throughout my life and fear of dying, but when I had my heart attack I was the calmest person in the place, no fear at all. Five days later when I came out of critical care and could go home they said they had found a shadow on my lung following an x ray (On Christmas Day) and I went into total panic! All I can think about is that when death is on the doorstep so are our Angels, cos mine were with me that day