PDA

View Full Version : Spousal Support links?

31andcounting
21-03-16, 16:07
:flowers:Hello everyone. My husband is trying to understand this HA monster that seems to rear its ugly head...and lately it has been rearing it it alot! He does not understand how debilitating HA can be when it takes over and you are fighting to prevent a panic attack from occurring. I have actually had to sing a chorus of a song over & over as a mantra to keep my mind from wandering to triggers. This month has been a continuous state of walking a tightrope and loosing my balance. Does anyone have any articles/links to easy-to-understand information for partners/spouses? Anything that might help him see that there are a lot of people who fight these battles, and that they are true battles we fight and how hard they can be. Thank you so much, the last thing I want to do is be tempted to google anything right now. OH!! Is there a short-term acting medication, other than xanax, that I can use during my high anxious moments that is not habit forming or addictive? I have found that the only way to control my panic state is 0.25 mg every 3-6 hours. I have only been doing that for 2 days-but this current state has been ongoing since February 23 and I am exhausted and just want to go back to my norm. Many, many thanks!!

MyNameIsTerry
22-03-16, 05:12
Could he have a read of the HA article on here?

We have a campaign in the UK called "Time To Change" which is aimed at spreading awareness of mental health problems and reducing stigma. It has loads of user stories on it. Could something like that help?