PDA

View Full Version : Another new Dan!

danf
04-03-07, 19:16
Hello,
I'm Dan, 25 year old from Sheffield. I joined this website today and I can see already how informative and well-designed this website is. A big hello to you all anyway.
I used to suffer from panic attacks around the ages ages of 20 to 22 but for one reason or another they stopped. Until recently. I'm in my final year at university and the pressure of the workload, debt etc has had a bad effect on me recently and over the last few weeks panic attacks and some kind of weird internal switching has begun. Anyway I hope I have not overdone the introduction! I look forward to exploring this site, go easy Dan.

weepinky
04-03-07, 19:58
:) Hi there new Dan!!! and a big warm welcome to NMP, you will find everyone here most friendly and supportive:yesyes:

Luv Pinky

manmoor
04-03-07, 20:15
Hi Dan,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
04-03-07, 20:34
:welcome: Dan! You'll get loads of advice here and everyone is really friendly.

Take care,

danf
05-03-07, 12:39
Thanks for the welcome messages. Its surprising how an internet forum can be so therapeutic.

sarah1984
05-03-07, 14:56
Hi Dan,
I'm Sarah and a fellow student from York uni. Like you, I suffered from anxiety when I was at school and thought I had recovered until my second year of uni when I had a really heavy work load, which triggered an anxiety disorder. Being a finalist's tough enough for anyone and I think if you've had these things in the past, they can come to light again at times of pressure. Does your supervisor know you're experiencing difficulties? Have you thought about the uni counselling service?-I'm sure they have plenty of experience dealing with such problems.
Best of luck,
Sarah

wobily_lin
05-03-07, 18:38
Elo another Dan lol,
Welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x

Pink Princess
06-03-07, 00:01
hey welcome to the site, hope you are well
take kare x x x

danf
06-03-07, 16:59
Thanks for the further welcome messages, I'm doing pretty well, I hope you all are too.
I haven't told university about my whats been happening to me. This is pretty foolish considering I'm traning to be a healthcare professional but this is exactly what I would have to tell a client to do when I come to practice (report the condition this is). During my 2nd placment last year the line manager asked me if I suffer from panic attacks due to my "negative body language", I totally denied ever having these. Again this is pretty foolish but I would hate to be under the microscope anymore than I already am on my placements.
There is a counselling service who I'm thinking about getting in touch with, I like the idea of the confidentiality through course leaders not knowing about what is happening. I don't think they would judge me but I would prefer not telling me and find my own coping strategy. Talking of which my local gym is offering a good student promotion (£49 until June=nice) and exercise always helps, so I could well join! Hooray!

nomorepanic
06-03-07, 17:22
Dan

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Which university are you at? I went to Sheffield Poly which I believe is now Hallam University.

I lived in Sheffield for 13 years before coming back down south again.

Hope we can be of some help.

maggie
06-03-07, 19:45
Welcome dan to no more panic. Im also fairly new to this website. Ive found the site to be really informative and the people seem really friendly and helpful. Hope you get all the support you need.
:welcome:

danf
08-03-07, 15:56
I'm at Hallam University and I study at the Collegiate Crescent Campus just of Ecclesall Road. I'm from down south too but I'm enjoying Sheffield for now.

SharonDerby
08-03-07, 16:06
Hi Dan
welcome.
It's always good to get some exercise so joining the gym i'm sure would be a great thing for you, it will i'm sure help with the stress of Uni too, not a cure i know but it may well be a good release for you.
Hope you feel better soon, i know it might seem a silly thing to say but try not to let yourself worry too much 90% of what we worry about NEVER happens

Sharon x

kittykat
10-03-07, 14:48
hi there dan,

Welcome to the site.

Take care xx

nomorepanic
10-03-07, 16:31
Dan

I was based at the main campus on Pond Street. I loved Sheffield as well - fantastic place to live!

trac67
14-03-07, 11:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

Lindalou64
16-03-07, 21:39
WELCOME DAN,
SOUNDS LIKE YA HAVE ALOT ON YA PLATE ITS GOOD TO STAY BUSY THO ITS ALSO GOOD TO KNOW YA NOT ALONE I WISH YA THE BEST..........LINDA