PDA

View Full Version : work panic

deedee12
21-03-16, 19:31
My commute and job are really stressful and I'm trying to find something a little calmer. I had a second interview for another role today for something that seems pretty good, although I'd still have the commute. I also have an appraisal tomorrow. Both of these things seem to have sent me into a tailspin. I've never had an appraisal, I'm terrified! I feel like it's going to be an hour of telling me how rubbish I am and that they want to get rid of me. I'm also terrified of getting a new job, as I have no idea how to tell my boss I'm leaving. Also, what do I do if I get the job but feel I can't cope with the commute. I haven't been able to sleep properly since last week, I can't eat properly because I feel so sick, my heart is pounding and missing beats, I've got a nervous tummy, got a pounding headache. Trying to take deep breaths and calm down. No-one knows about my anxiety so I haven't got anywhere to go with this
D
x

LouiseHannah
21-03-16, 23:07
First off have you tried going to the doctor about this? I don't think anyone enjoys appraisals, and it's more than likely your anxiety that's making you think it will be negative. I know it's incredibly hard when anxiety takes hold but not eating properly will make things like headaches and palpitations worse. What do you do for fun? Exercise will also help your symptoms, I hope the appraisal goes okay. Applying for other jobs is also a good sign, as you're dealing with part of the problem. Hope this helps you x

helloworld
22-03-16, 00:15
Hi deeded,

I feel your pain - all my problems started with work stress. I agree with Louise, you should seek some help as there are lots of things you can do to help. Not just meds....

Good luck with it all!