PDA

View Full Version : Flu / respiratory / UTi - Kidney Infection??

MightyPC
21-03-16, 22:34
Hi,

I have been fortunate over the past few years not get any bugs or colds. Two weeks gone today, I started to feel generally unwell, bunged up, body aches and sweats. By the Wednesday I was off from work, as the bug had progressed to me coughing like mad, sore throat, and losing my voice. I improved and went back to work last Monday but still felt fragile. My worry is at the weekend I was laid up. I am finding it hard to breathe, like I have s lot of phlegm to bring up but can't, totally fatigued, head aches, loss of appetite and severe pain in both loin regions. If I hold on to my pee whilst peeing, it stings like mad. I know it's unusual for men to get UTi, and the pain in my back along with breathing problem is concerning me. Has anyone had these symptoms recently. I know there is a bug doing the rounds but everyone I know recovers in a week or so. I will see if I can get to see a dr tomorrow.

LouiseHannah
21-03-16, 23:03
I had something similar, and I've still got the remains of whatever it was 3 weeks later. The breathing problem and suspected UTI may be completely unrelated but it's definitely worth getting it checked. As an asthma sufferer, it's always worse laying down there is a medical reason but I can't remember...but I digress, if there's anything left in your system laying down may make it worse or there's a lingering infection that needs some medicine. Hope this helps you

MightyPC
22-03-16, 04:27
Thanks Louise. The pain has got so bad that it has woken me up. It feels like a stitch in my side that is 10 times more painful and I cannot take a deep breath.

LouiseHannah
22-03-16, 14:16
If it's still bad when you wake up get yourself to the doctor, you might just need some antibiotics or something