PDA

View Full Version : Starting to lose cognitive function, slurring my words.

LiveAboveIt
21-03-16, 23:34
I know how the last few weeks have made me look in my posts, but Ive honestly never had so many issues in my life.

I began feeling confused again and began to slur my words earlier while talking to my girlfriend. Im pretty fed up with feeling this out of it.

Not sure how people deal with these crazy ass side effects. I pretty much just feel high all the time and not in a good way, lol.

Is this a normal side effect?

Jem21
22-03-16, 07:16
I really think you need to speak to your doc or psych about this Hun, sounds like you are having a lot of issues with it, I don't know if it's normal or not as I've never slurred my speech x

MyNameIsTerry
22-03-16, 07:54
Speech problems are in the Uncommon (0.1% to 1%) category for the nervous system.

It seems like you are having a load of the less common side effects and some of these do suggest contacting your doctor, although that might not mean anything other than they need to know to monitor you. But I think you need a chat with your psychiatrist about all this and whether action needs to be taken e.g. reduction.

If you are feeling a bit drunk off it, it's worth a chat. I get that sometimes but I'm much more settled on my med.

Lisah34
26-03-16, 19:02
I had this slightly and my dr told me to stop taking it. I had only been on it 4 days though so didnt have to reduce my dose at all. My last tablet was yesterday at 11am and im still a bit anxious and shakey but that may be due to the fact ive not slept in 4 days.

LiveAboveIt
26-03-16, 20:55
I had this slightly and my dr told me to stop taking it. I had only been on it 4 days though so didnt have to reduce my dose at all. My last tablet was yesterday at 11am and im still a bit anxious and shakey but that may be due to the fact ive not slept in 4 days.

Well, I'm atleast glad to know that I'm not alone in this symptom, I thought I was going mad. I was on it for about 5-6 weeks before it began happening to me, on 20mg.

Lisah34
27-03-16, 10:35
I was on the same..20mg but couldnt cope with the no sleeping even though i was absolutely exhausted.the not eating part was terrible too. It was when i started sluring that i got worried so called the dr and he said to just stop them. I had all the side effects and a couple of rare ones. The meds made me so much worse. My anxiety was only mild till i started the meds. Go speak to your dr again he may reduce your dose or start you on another one.