PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Know If You Are Truly Out Of Breath Or Just Anxiety ?

mnaha
22-03-16, 02:45
I am worried.. Lately when I get up and do things I feel out of breath. I am not sure its something to be concerned about or just anxiety .

When I get up my heart starts beating faster than laying around and although I am not gasping for air it seems that I might have trouble talking and doing things.. I can't be sure its not just my imagination and want to know if there is something to be concerned about or just anxiety? Is there a way to really know?

Its seems random and not consistent and I don't whezz or anything and my wife says I don't make breathing noises when I sleep and I am not coughing or nothing so I just don't know what to think.. Please help? worried..

MyNameIsTerry
22-03-16, 05:28
It may not be anything other than how we age, mnaha. My mum has asthma and now she is in her seventies she has seen her breathing suffer more. When I've moved towards my late thirties I saw the same in me.

It can be about multiple factors too e.g. weight, fitness, etc. Lung capacity increases when you have regular exercise so if you are more sedentary, you could see more issues like this in later life. However, that also means that with more exercise, and perhaps some specific lung exercises, it can improve.

I'm not saying it is anything like that, but thinking about your concerns over fitness and your age on other threads, it's something to consider and this isn't something sinister either. A doctor may even give you an inhaler if you need some additional support.

It's worth having a chat with them so you can some something practical about it.