PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

Pet59
22-03-16, 06:17
I'm back .....again.....with the chest pain!

I am under immense pressure at work at the moment, not knowing if I have a job or not next year, and I have a family issue coming up in two weeks and in between that I have to get on 3 flights.
Last night for no reason at all, I got a stabbing pain in my chest, in the centre. It frightened me so much that I came out in the sweats and had to rush to the toilet. When I rested it was fine, it went away. I took it easy for the rest of the night and went to bed early.

I got up this morning and was slightly aware of it but when I got into my car, there was a pain again, then it went away. It is coming and going. I don't think my hour and a bit commute helps either with so many idiots on the road in this country! Should also add that I have no pain at rest and no breathing issues or pain when taking a deep breathe.

Rational me: it has happened before, it is muscular, you are under stress, so much going on
Irrational me: heart attack.

Anyone got any advice? Please.

---------- Post added at 07:17 ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 ----------

Please

LouiseHannah
22-03-16, 11:51
I kept getting this a few months ago, I tried a lot of things and nothing seemed to help. I found just ignoring it made it go away but that's not the easiest thing to do if you're really anxious. Try sipping slowly on some water or tea, or distracting yourself. I sympathise with you it's one of the worst anxiety symptoms x