PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problems with stiff neck and looking up to the sides ?

JonnyUK
22-03-16, 17:13
I know this is probably more due to my back then anxiety, but I just wondered if anyone here has had problems turning their heads to the side and looking up ? I was at a friends house 2 weeks ago and after being sat in their chair for 3 hours I got up and my back felt a bit weak on the right hand side, 3 hours later my neck and shoulders started to feel very stiff and I found it hard to open my right hand in front of me.

In the past I have suffered such bad anxiety that my neck could be stiff for days just by me thinking about it, but this time I am thinking perhaps it is real, as this is very sore.

When I turn my head to the right it is sore, and when I then look up I wince as it aches a lot. But oddly my left shoulder is sore too. It is very uncomfortable. I just wondered if anyone has suffered this before and for so long ? I can't believe it is 2 weeks. I have paranoia of seeing doctors so I want to hold off as long as possible. Hearing others have had this and recovered will be a good thing to hear.

Thanks all.

Carnation
22-03-16, 19:23
Try a self massage on the shoulders. You can get videos from the internet and make sure your pillows are not too high. It could be from hunching your shoulders which we do with anxiety and sometimes not even aware that we are doing it.

dmc1892
24-03-16, 22:37
When I have had a wave of anxiety because I'm so tense my back feels like I've done heavy weight lifting at the gym it's crazy , also does any of you get a right chest afterwards